Medical Billing-Revenue Cycle -Self-Pay Call Team - Level I
Company: Global Medical Response
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Remote/Work from Home and On-Site Immediate Openings Check out
our careers site to learn more about our benefit options. IMMEDIATE
OPENING Revenue Cycle - Patient Accounts Rep - Claim Status - Level
I Job SummaryPatient Accounts Billing Representative is responsible
for management of assigned accounts that may fall anywhere in the
revenue cycle of the claim in a Call Center environment.
Essential Functions/Duties Meets daily and monthly departmental
production goals set forth by the leadership to ensure that the
company is achieving its financial goalsPursue unpaid accounts by
telephone or electronic inquiry to determine status of payment in
accordance with department follow-up timelinesReview system
generated work list and aged reports to resolve accounts which have
not been paid in the appropriate time frame, based on payer
contracts and guidelinesContact patient for additional information
when necessary to push the claim through for paymentMakes inquiries
via telephone, mail, and fax or electronically through payer
website or e-mail for follow-up of those unresolved
accountsExamines the patient record and/or researches all avenues
to gather information
- Supports process improvements to assure quality and timely
- Follows billing process, makes necessary contacts to assure
- Works closely with all billing and support service groups
- Performs all other duties as assigned Preferred Experience
- Medical/Revenue Cycle billing
- High school diploma or equivalent required Skills:
Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, and post to
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart
- Ability to prepare routine administrative work
- Records maintenance skillsWorking Conditions and Mental
Conditions:Work in a team environment
- Utilize various software programs
- May be required to sit for long periods of time Mental
Demands:Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and
reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problemsGUIDING VALUES AND
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
- Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for
our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
- One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
- Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
- Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
- Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
- Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve.To learn more about GMR and how our are at the
core of our services and vital to how we approach care, visit .
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing for individuals with a disability.
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Jefferson City , Medical Billing-Revenue Cycle -Self-Pay Call Team - Level I, Accounting, Auditing , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!