Senior Security Engineer
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: June 23, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.The Senior Security Engineer helps architect, deploy and
operate a secure application infrastructure that aligns with
business needs. The position is responsible for supporting
operational innovation and providing security direction to the
business to elevate the company's security posture within a cloud
computing infrastructure. An advanced role, the Senior Security
Engineer helps deliver applications at scale and with resiliency to
support business initiatives. The Senior Security Engineer is also
expected to possess administrative and troubleshooting skills, and
be knowledgeable about architecture, engineering and design
principles. The Senior Security Engineer should be adept at dealing
with disparate applications and data systems to maintain the level
of rigor required to adhere to business direction. Along with depth
of system coverage, the role requires planning and design of
policies and maintenance.
- Design and implement security architectures and strategies to
safeguard information system resources and assets.
- Ensure integration of technology that upholds the Information
Security policies and standards, as well as meets firm business
- Identify opportunities for security process improvement.
- Provide 24X7 support of critical security infrastructure
components to ensure system availability.
- Mentor fellow team members and other associates in security
- Maintain awareness of security technology direction, trends,
and related issues.
- Develop long-term strategy for supported security
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Information
Systems or related disciplines. Security certifications are a plus,
but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years Information Systems Security experience, or
7 years of Information Technology system administration and/or
- 3+ years of experience in device authentication when
establishing a zero-trust environment. Technologies include
Terminal Access Controller Access-Control System (TACACS), Remote
Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) and 802.1x
- 3+ years of experience of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
encryption. Responsibilities include creating, deploying, and
troubleshooting certificate usage across an internal, vendor and
- Knowledge of Operating System (OS) hardening. Preferred
platforms include Windows (Client and Server), Linux and
- General knowledge of Coding / scripting skills. Ability to add,
update or troubleshoot code to resolve issues, create efficiencies
or integrate systems is a plus.
- General knowledge of Active Directory (AD), Intrusion Detection
and Cloud Technology a plus.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Jefferson City , Senior Security Engineer, Engineering , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!