NVM Reliability R&D Engineer (SK)
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Job DescriptionThis is an exciting time to be at Intel - come
join our Technology Development Reliability team as Non-Volatile
Memory (NVM) Reliability R&D Engineer and work on one of the
most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world!As
the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses
many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable
Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products. As NVM Reliability
R&D Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team!Your
responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design and execute experiments to identify, segment,
characterize and model NVM reliability mechanisms.
- Develop empirical and physics-based predictive reliability
modeling methods and tools for reliability risk assessments.
- Develop new acceleration techniques, test methods, and
analytical tools to provide fast and effective feedback for
reliability process optimization.
- Determine reliability requirements and technology targets of
components and systems to achieve company, customer, and other
- Influence design, process, product, test, and/or system
solutions in order to enable aggressive scaling of Intel's NVM
technologies and exploration of novel memory cells.
- Develop the appropriate process- and product-qualification
stress methods and criteria.
- Lead small cross-functional and cross-company groups of
engineers on multi-disciplinary technical projects to solve complex
reliability issues- such as, during technology development and ramp
to high-volume manufacturing.The ideal candidate should exhibit
- Systematic analytical problem-solving.
- Creativity and innovation in solving technical problems.
- Affinity for cross-disciplinary work performance skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and quality of the work.
- Persistence and commitment to the task.
- Skill to clearly communicate achieved results and to influence
a wide range of audiences.The position is associated with the sale
of the NAND business to SK Hynix aligning to Phase 2 of the
transaction. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be
employed by Intel developing NAND technology and components. Phase
2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025 at which
time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will
transition employment to Solidigm, a stand-alone US subsidiary of
SK Hynix headquartered in San Jose, California with offices
world-wide. Solidigm is a leading global supplier of NAND flash
memory solutions, led by Robert (Rob) B. Crooke as CEO, previously
senior vice president and general manager of Intels Non-Volatile
Memory Solutions Group. To read more, see:
must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially
considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in
addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus
factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would
be obtained through a combination of your school
work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or
internship experiences.Minimum Qualifications:The candidate must
possess a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering,
Computer Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, or related field
of study.Minimum 1+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Semiconductor device physics and materials science.Minimum of
6+ months of experience in the following areas:
- Probability and statistics, VLSI circuit design, semiconductor
processing, and quantum physics.
- Hands-on experimental design, execution, and data analysis,
interpretation, and synthesis.
- Programming (C or C++, PERL or Python or similar computer
language).Preferred Qualifications:Ph.D. degree in Electrical
Engineering, Computer Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, or
related field of study.Minimum of 6+ months of experience in the
- CMOS transistor-level circuit design, semiconductor device
physics/engineering, memory reliability, interconnect reliability,
computer or digital systems.
- Non-volatile memories, especially product or reliability.
- A range of analytical lab test equipment such as Logic
analyzer/oscilloscopes, semiconductor parametric analyzer (CV-IV),
and memory testers.
- Reliability failure statistics, physics, or failure
- Statistical analysis packages (e.g. JMP).
- Computer programming for testing, preferably of memories, and
data acquisition, reduction, and analysis.
- Proficiency in semiconductor fabrication process, packaging
assembly, and/or board system technology operation.Inside this
Business GroupEmployees in Intel's NAND Product Group deliver
solutions that are transforming computing across all segments from
data centers to Ultrabooks. They invent, develop, bring to market
and support customers with leading-edge NAND flash memory and
system level solutions such as solid state drives (SSDs). SSDs are
accelerating performance for gaming enthusiasts, reducing total
cost of ownership for IT managers of data centers and improving
security and reliability for businesses. This dynamic group is
strategically positioned to become the leading Non-Volatile Memory
solution supplier for the compute segment and is a key to expanding
markets and continuing the growth for Intel.Covid StatementIntel
strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor
to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may
be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about
testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.Posting
StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious
creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and
veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other
characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or
ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks
among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay,
stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about
our Amazing Benefits here:
ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which
allows employees to split their time between working on-site at
their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances
the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
Keywords: Intel, Jefferson City , NVM Reliability R&D Engineer (SK), Engineering , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!