State Manager - Kansas City, MO
Company: Ste Michelle Wine Estates
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: January 12, 2020
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud
to call the greater Seattle area our home. We are a collection of
distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in
the world because we value our vineyards and the art of
wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our
consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best
regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a State
Manager to join our team in Kansas City, MO. The successful
candidate will effectively represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates to
distributors, brokers, and importers in a territory (South Dakota,
North Dakota, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska) with 170,000 to 349,000
cases of wine volume annually.
What you will do:
* Effectively represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates to distributors,
importers and consumers and direct the execution of the company's
strategic business plans through assigned wholesalers.
* Ability to manage up to 6 wholesalers.
* Manage all executive levels of wholesalers including, but not
limited to: General Manager, Channel Vice Presidents, Wine
Managers, Brand Managers, Chain headquarter managers, purchasing
agents, controller and finance managers and operations
* Ability to negotiate effectively and hold wholesalers accountable
to monthly commitments.
* Manage distributor inventory to contractual levels.
* Effectively communicate with Field Sales team's monthly execution
priorities, goals, and quotas.
* Prepare forecasts for shipments, depletions and budgeting for all
brands on an as needed basis.
* Evaluate distributor suggested price structure and brand equity
investments as needed to insure the company is receiving target
share of channel profits.
* Conduct sales meetings and planning meetings for wholesaler's
* Participate in the preparation of the annual business plan for
all sales, marketing, budgetary, production and communication needs
necessary to meet case volume and profit contribution for the
upcoming calendar year.
* Participate in consistent individual market distributor meetings
to review SMWE business and provide leadership for achievement of
SMWE channel goals.
* Be a change agent by constantly challenging the status quo and
motivating yourself and your team to overcome barriers to success
and continually improve business processes.
What you will bring:
* 4-5 years of Alcohol Beverage Industry Experience, preferably
with distributor management experience.
* Knowledge of key trade account buyers buying and promotional
practices and operational procedures.
* Strong Pricing Skills
* Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong demonstration of selling skills and analytic skills.
* High level of proficiency with MS Office.
* Available for company related travel (approximately 50%).
* Able to occasionally lift up to 45 lbs.
* Able to drive a company vehicle and maintain a valid driver's
* 4 year College Degree required.
* History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate
conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or
certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies., permitted,
and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
* You are Curious and continuously learn and grow your
* You respect and value the power of Conversation to bring people
together, learn and solve problems.
* You value Inclusion and work to create an environment where
everyone feels welcomed and every voice is heard.
* You are Innovative and have the courage to pursue new ideas.
* You make an Impact by being bold and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees
by providing opportunities for training, development and
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills
toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation
package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health
insurance, participation in our pension 401k programs and incentive
compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability,
gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected
class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law" poster. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Ste Michelle Wine Estates, Jefferson City , State Manager - Kansas City, MO, Executive , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!