Associate Regional Medical Director
Company: Corizon Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: November 13, 2020
Nurse Manager opening in Jefferson City, Missouri. This and
other nursing administrator jobs brought to you by
NursingJobCafe.com About Corizon HealthCorrectional healthcare is
not just a job. It's a calling.By choosing a career with Corizon
Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference
in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We
take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare.
As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources
and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to
reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and
well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater
calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of
innovation and clinical expertise.ResponsibilitiesBelow is a list
of your responsibilities as a Associate Regional Medical Director
with Corizon Health at Missouri Regional Office located in
Jefferson City, Missouri.
- Process improvement including leading a team of physicians
addressing compliance with clinical quality indicators and UM
programs specific to the contract requirements and adherence to
corporate UM and clinical quality policies and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation and on-going supervision of
on-site chronic clinics. Consults with medical providers in the
community to resolve issues in delivering services to inmates as
assigned by the Medical Director.
- Supervises the clinical services provided by the professional
and paraprofessional staff. Assists with the development of medical
audit criteria. Does medical audits at the direction of the site
and Regional Medical Director.
- Serves as discussion leader for selected in-service training
classes. Represents the health care program in discussions with
local civic groups or visiting officials as assigned by the Medical
Director. Monitors referrals to outside health care facilities for
appropriateness, quality and continuity of care.
- As directed, visits the infirmary and records encounters in
patient's progress notes. Ensures own physician documentation is
dated, timed, legible, problem orientated, and signed. Audits
nursing documentation monthly for the same.
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or
resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site
referral. Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds
appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Maintains proper certification for cardiopulmonary
resuscitation. Utilizes universal precautions when providing any
invasive procedures for diagnostic or routine studies. Obtains
informed consent prior to invasive procedures.
- Notifies Administrator of schedule changes in scheduled
coverage. Assists in arrangement for coverage of medical services
if unavailable for extended period of time.
- Abides by the security regulations of the facility. Other
duties as assigned.Experience & Requirements
- Licensed physician in the state of employment.
- Experience in a primary care specialty with experience in
corrections and/or managed health care delivery.
- Current DEA registration. Board certified, eligible, or
qualified by the state law/regulations to practice medicine.
- Required to exert up to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally.
Occasionally walking throughout site; to include walking up and
down flights of stairs.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks using arms, hands, and
- Long periods sitting, typing and reading from a computer screen
may be required.A background check, security clearance and drug
screening are required for this role.Corizon Health is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal
and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are
considered for all positions without regard to race, gender,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability,
Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including
Disability/Protected Veterans.Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration.ID 2020-7142Job Locations US-MO-Jefferson
CityCategory Clinical & Operations LeadershipPosition Type Regular
Part-timeShift / Schedule Weekday DayLocation ID 02025
Keywords: Corizon Health, Jefferson City , Associate Regional Medical Director, Executive , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!