Director of Nursing
Company: Corizon Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: November 15, 2020
Nurse Manager opening in Jefferson City, Missouri. This and
other nursing administrator jobs brought to you by
NursingJobCafe.com About Corizon HealthCorrectional healthcare is
not just a job. It's a calling.By choosing a career with Corizon
Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference
in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We
take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare.
As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources
and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to
reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and
well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater
calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of
innovation and clinical expertise.ResponsibilitiesBelow is a list
of your responsibilities as a Director of Nursing (DON) with
Corizon Health at Jefferson City Correctional Center in Jefferson
- Provide quality oversight in collaboration with site, regional
and corporate leadership. Provide clinical supervision to nursing
staff. Organize the delivery of safe, effective and efficient
- Evaluate patient care delivery processes on a regular,
systematic and frequent basis.
- Facilitate the development of site performance improvement
plans and monitor site progress and reporting.
- Facilitate the completion of random and scheduled audits to
assess site compliance with contractual requirements, accreditation
standards and continuous quality safety improvement (CQSI)
- Conduct at minimum an annual accreditation readiness audit to
assess compliance with standards and identify opportunities for
- Anticipate healthcare delivery and contractual issues and deal
with potential issues proactively.
- Perform screening interviews with candidates, assess basic
knowledge, skills and fit within the corrections environment.
- Perform annual clinical competency assessments and checks to
promote the delivery of safe, effective and efficient nursing
- Coordinate and monitor orientation and onboarding activities
for new hires and staff that have moved into a different role.
Perform an on-going assessment of staff learning needs and
facilitate in-service and continuing education for nursing and
ancillary personnel to promote professional development and
enhancement of performance.
- Interpret regulations and standards and communicate site and
unit performance objectives to staff.
- Develop monthly schedules for nursing staff and nursing support
staff and ensure that enough nursing staff is scheduled on each
shift with the appropriate skill level.
- Conduct at minimum monthly staff meetings in collaboration with
- Act as a liaison with other operating units, agencies and
outside officials. Ensure nursing records are correctly
- Participate in Pharmacy and Therapeutic, Strategic Initiatives,
Patient Safety/Sentinel Event Committee, Performance Improvement,
Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Utilization Management and other
process improvement committees/initiatives as directed or
- Support Company Initiatives and the application of best
practices in the clinical settings.Corizon BenefitsCorizon Health
offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health
insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition
assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!Experience
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing School required.
- Current, unrestricted, non-probationary status license as a
Registered Nurse in the state where the position is located.
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR Certification at the Medical
Professional Level with AED Training.
- Specialty certification in correctional healthcare is desired
(Certified Correctional Health Professional: CCHP, Certified
Correctional Health Professional Nurse: CCHP-RN).
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in a healthcare
setting, with correctional healthcare experience is preferred.
- Previous clinical operations management experience is
preferred; previous direct management experience within a
correctional health setting is desired.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards (NCCHC, ACA &
state-specific) as well as experience with quality improvement
programs and clinical auditing preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint and PowerPoint
required.A background check, security clearance and drug screening
are required for this role.Corizon Health is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal
and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are
considered for all positions without regard to race, gender,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability,
Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including
Disability/Protected Veterans.Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration.ID 2020-7512Job Locations US-MO-Jefferson
CityCategory Clinical & Operations LeadershipPosition Type Regular
Full-timeShift / Schedule Weekday DayLocation ID 00913
Keywords: Corizon Health, Jefferson City , Director of Nursing, Executive , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!