MDS (Minimum Data Set) Director
Company: Jefferson City Manor Inc
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: November 17, 2020
Position Summary: Completes, prepares and manages the MDS process
including individualized plans of care from admission to discharge.
Directs and allocates necessary resources to support company goals
of protecting and maintaining the highest practical quality of life
and health for all residents.Essential Functions
- Completes MDS Assessments on assigned residents to determine
the clinical status, problems and conditions of residents with
necessary participation of other health care professionals and the
- Ensures that all MDSs on assigned residents are submitted
within the timeframe that meets state and federal regulations.
- As a member of the Admission Team, reviews skill level needs of
- Compiles all information necessary to create a personalized
quality care plan for each resident upon admission through the use
of the Residential Assistance Instrument (RAI) process and other
- Updates care plans for assigned resident on a regular basis to
reflect changes in resident care; ensures care plan updates are
timely communicated to and understood by the floor staff.
- Tracks frequency of physician visits as required by state and
- Enters assessment and other information into data management
- Provides billing documentation to Accounting for all services
used by assigned residents.
- Reviews the chart to ensure proper documentation supports
company billings for Medicare and Medicaid services.
- Maintains CMS 672 and 802 forms.
- Works closely with nursing and other departments to monitor and
evaluate assigned resident's achievements including the need to
revise care plans.
- Monitors assigned residents' activities of daily living to
develop care plan and educate staff on proper documentation.
- Participates in practices that attract and retain the best
- Manages the departmental human resources function including
daily staffing requirements, resolving performance issues including
terminations, employee orientation on all new hires, documenting
employee personnel files, and managing overtime.
- Effectively delegates tasks to department staff.
- Protects the confidential nature of resident information and
adheres to resident rights.
- Organizes and conducts care plan meetings with all concerned
- Safely retains all documentation in accordance with the
company's record retention guidelines.
- Attends all meetings and training as required, including QAPI,
IDT and Medicare meetings.
- Attends all in-services as directed by the Administrator.
- Cooperates and problem-solves with other departments and staff,
residents, vendors, and others to support overall team and
- Takes part in employee orientation as directed by the
- Timely response and follow through on all communications.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, local and company health, safety,
and sanitation laws, regulations and standards.
- Complies with the company's employee safety prevention and
accident reporting program.
- Participates in conducting fire drills and other safety
- Stays informed of relevant government regulations, as well as
current practices in delivering quality resident care.
- Works extra hours when necessary and performs duties of other
positions as needed.
- Takes call on a rotating basis as scheduled by the DON.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities
and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or
without notice.NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be an LPN.
- Experience working in a healthcare facility offering skilled
care, rehabilitation services, assisted living and/or residential
- Dedicated interest in assisting a senior population.
- Experience in creating individualized care plans.
- Knowledgeable of standard assessment tools for use in
evaluating resident status including use of the Residential
Assistance Instrument (RAI) per OBRA.
- Experience with MDS 3.0 system.
- Must be familiar with CMS payment and reimbursement practices,
including the Prospective Payment System (PPS).
- Must have high level observation skills and ability to
critically analyze voluminous information.
- Self-directed organizational skills that enhance the ability to
manage numerous priorities and adhere to an effective
- Empathic communication skills including focused listening and
- Reads, writes, speaks, and understands the English
- Able and willing to take direction from management.
- Proficiency with software programs including Microsoft Office
Suite and data-driven applications.
- Proven success in participating within a team structure.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful
situations during busy periods.
- Patience and acceptance of constant change in own work
- History of ethical and professional conduct.Preferred Education
- Licensed RN
- CPR certificationPhysical DemandsThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. They
- Regularly required to sit, stand, use hands to finger, feel,
handle controls, talk, walk, hear, reach out and up with hands and
arms, stoop and kneel.
- May stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Requires physical contact with residents.
- Must be able to assist in lifting, moving and maneuvering
patients from place to place.
- Must be able to easily lift, carry, and otherwise move at least
- Must be able to tolerate changing temperatures when moving
inside and outside the facility.Work EnvironmentThe work
environment is a professional healthcare environment. Employees
could be exposed to:
- Noise levels range from moderate to loud.
- Contagious or infectious diseases.
- Dermatitis from frequent hand-washing.
- Needle stick injury.
- Bio-hazardous waste.
- Chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing; fumes and
- While performing administrative duties, the work environment
includes standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.Travel
- Travel by automobile to required meetings and conferences.PM20
Keywords: Jefferson City Manor Inc, Jefferson City , MDS (Minimum Data Set) Director, Executive , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!