IT Program Management Office Manager
Company: Black & Veatch
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 6, 2021
IT Program Management Office ManagerWe believe real value is
powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals.
The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our
teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better
solutions for our clients.Company : Black & Veatch CorporationReq
Id : 31747Job Title : IT Program Management Office ManagerLocation
: USVRTLBusiness Unit Sector : COR-CORP-CIOOpportunity Type :
StaffRelocation eligible : NoFull time/Part time : Full-TimeProject
Only Hire : NoVisa Sponsorship Available: NoJob SummaryThe IT
Program Management Office Manager is be assigned to the Director of
Global IT Operations under Black & Veatch CIO Office to manage IT
project and program delivery performed primarily by 3rd party IT
service providers in an outsourced model to achieve documented
technical and business objectives.The IT Program Management Office
Manager is responsible for all aspects of the planning, monitoring,
development and implementation of assigned programs and projects
and acts as a single point of contact for those programs and
projects. This role is responsible to lead a team of IT Project
Managers in support of programs and projects from original concept
through final implementation.Key Role Definitions
- Develop and lead the IT project/program management office (PMO)
to ensure quality, consistency and oversight of projects across BV
by developing and maintaining project management methodologies,
standards, and tools.
- Establish the organizations approach to the full life cycle of
projects: This includes everything from project planning,
initiation, resourcing, and execution to monitoring, control, and
- Ensure the PMO meets performance targets: Align with the
organizations strategic objectives and adhere to best
- Act as a trusted strategic advisor working alongside business
leaders to help determine which projects should be undertaken.
- Elevate the PMO role and operating model.
- Set standards for project management capabilities, including
certifications and qualifications for Project Managers, success
measurement criteria, methodologies, tools, etc.
- Monitor compliance with policies and standards.
- Track and provide project status and audit reports.
- Manage the risk, issue, and change resolution process, and work
with other leaders to take corrective action as needed.
- Establish the PMO organization structure, hiring and managing
staffing requirements in line with organizational objectives.
- Oversee the delegation of work to Project Managers, Program
Managers, and Business Analysts
- Oversee Project Managers for the delivery of projects/programs
on time, within scope and on budget.Key ResponsibilitiesPMO
- Process and Standards Definition and Management Owner of IT PMO
processes and tools to drive internal and external stakeholders to
diligently follow defined standards.
- Proactively address continued process improvements within the
- Define and implement standardized processes, methods,
templates, reporting, etc., across the global IT project
- Perform project financials tracking and reporting
- Perform periodic operational audits using a standard audit
process, both internal and third party.
- Confirm that project estimates have been analyzed, verified,
and formally accepted.
- Identify, monitor, and confirm performance improvement areas
for the business partners.
- Facilitate executive alignment, including Contract Management
and operational teams.
- Anchor various periodic PMO governance meetings including
Monthly Project Reviews (MPR).
- Actively develop Project Managers within the
- Perform pre-project/program readiness check (requirements,
environment, resources, contract, quality, etc.) and approve
- Perform Project Requirements Management.
- Ensure requirements completeness to confirm project
- Project/Program Stakeholder Management - B&V internal
business and IT stakeholders, vendor partners with RACI driven
- Project/Program Lifecycle Management with outcome focus in a
global delivery model using Waterfall, Agile and DevSecOps
- Proactively monitor global project performance (SLAs) and
adopts ways and means to mitigate projected risks.
- Proactively identify and manage project issues and risk
- Regulate, manage, and as necessary, escalate all change control
and scope management issues.
- Coordinate and monitor various QA processes including quality
checks, system testing and user acceptance testing activities.
- Collate and review project status reports from multiple sources
and present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collect, analyze, report project metrics and offer
- Resolve project/program related conflicts and escalate as
- Review and approve standard project lifecycle
- Conduct "Lessons Learned" meeting at the end of the
project/program and update PMO Processes and Standards
accordingly.Management ResponsibilitiesActs as a project manager.
Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The
individual comprising this team may vary by project.Preferred
- System Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with key scheduling processes and tools
- Experience with key project control processes and tools
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Outstanding listening and understanding skills
- Strong problem solving skillsMinimum QualificationsEducation:
BA, BS, or Graduate degree in the field of Project Management,
Computer Science, Business/Business Administration, or
TechnologyExperience: 8+ years of progressive project management
experience including leading a team of project managers
- Expert-level knowledge of project and change management and
associated methodologies, techniques, processes, and approaches
(e.g. Project and Portfolio Management Methodology PPM)
- Budget, cost, and profitability management skills
- Knowledge of resource management tools
- Credibility as a senior-level project leader
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to juggle multiple goals and
- Team Leadership & Development: Ability to mentor, coach, and
effectively transfer expertise to others
- Facilitation, negotiation & problem resolution skills
- Ability to build a strong network and relationships at
executive levels with technology and solutions, customers, and
- Resilient and resourcefulAll applicants must be able to
complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which
may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background
check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance
with any applicable laws and regulations.CertificationsPMP
Certification desiredWork Environment/Physical DemandsFrequent
travel, Regular overtimeTypical office
environment.CompetenciesSalary PlanITS: Information Technology
ServiceJob Grade007Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to
any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the
accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the
application process because of a disability, please contact the
Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact
information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may
not use this contact information to inquire about the status of
applications. General inquiries about the status of applications
will not be returned.Black & Veatch is committed to being an
employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that
keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.Our
comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this
commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including
but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with
disability and a robust wellness program.To support a healthy
work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation
and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.A variety of
additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a
company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition
reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program,
AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and
the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a
performance-based bonus program.We are proud to be a 100 percent
ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are
empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the
company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial
rewards of the success through stock ownership.By valuing diverse
voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive
environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative
and effective solutions for clients.Black & Veatch Holding Company,
its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and
regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of
age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and
expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other
status protected by law.For our EEO Policy Statement, please click.
If youd like more information on your EEO rights under the law,
please clickand.Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch
partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through
outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will
be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated
to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please
visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered,
Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should
we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Keywords: Black & Veatch, Jefferson City , IT Program Management Office Manager, Executive , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!