Investment Risk Manager
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 9, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
- Conduct active research and portfolio optimization design
including objective functions, risk constraints, reference
benchmarks, and investment universe to align client accounts to
investment goals and objectives.
- Oversee portfolio construction and optimization for Advisory
models and home office discretionary accounts to ensure alignment
with investment objectives and risk framework.
- Research and enhance portfolio optimization configuration and
investment risk framework for post optimization review to ensure
alignment of client accounts to investment goals and risk
- Collaborate with team lead(s) to prepare and present portfolio
optimization strategy recommendations to senior leadership for
- Deliver effective written and verbal communication of portfolio
optimization guidance and optimization analysis to investment
stakeholders and leadership as needed.
- Collaborate and contribute to internal departments, committees,
and firm-wide strategic initiatives in making better informed
decisions consistent with the firm's long-term strategy.
- Implement and enhance risk framework and monitoring for
Advisory model portfolios and advisory accounts using Aladdin
Wealth platform, as needed.Qualifications Required in the Job:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics,
Engineering, or other quantitative subjects. Graduate degree in
quantitative discipline or MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated strong interest in investment risk, portfolio
optimization and portfolio construction.
- Achieved or actively pursuing FRM and/or CFA
- Series 7/66 required or attainable within six months of
- Proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, programming, and
investment risk platforms (Microsoft Office, R, Python, Tableau,
Aladdin Risk, MSCI BarraOne, Axioma, Bloomberg, etc.)
Minimum Years of Experience Required
Minimum of 5 years' experience in portfolio construction, portfolio
optimization, or investment risk management, or 7 years' experience
in investment management preferred.
Depth of knowledge of principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of various types of investments, asset
classes, and capital markets.
- Strong understanding of and ability to manage multi-asset
portfolio investment risk and/or optimization platform on a
- 3 to 5 years' experience with multi-factor risk models i.e.,
Aladdin, MSCI, Axioma, etc.
- Strong knowledge of portfolio construction, portfolio
optimization, and/or portfolio risk management.
- 3 to 5 years' experience with portfolio optimization platforms
i.e., Axioma, MSCI, Aladdin, etc.
- Strong knowledge of measurement and evaluation techniques for a
broad array of investment risks, including market, multi-factor,
liquidity, and concentration risks.
- Experience with Aladdin Wealth and/or client account management
- Strong analytical skills and service focus.
- Understanding of Edward Jones investment philosophy, business
model and culture.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to communicate ideas
and research to investment stakeholders, internal departments, and
other areas of the firm.Problem Solving:
- Strong critical thinking skills required. Ability to solve
complex, non-routine problems.
- Strong thought leadership and strategic thinking.
- Strong ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms
and to link quantitative insight with business logic and intuition.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $90628 - $154313
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Jefferson City , Investment Risk Manager, Executive , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!