Manager of Hospice Clinical Services (RN)
Company: Resource 1 Homecare Staffing, LLC.
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Hospice/Palliative Medicine opening in Jefferson City, Missouri.
This and other rn jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
Manager of Hospice Clinical Services (RN)Jefferson City, MOThis
caring hospice organization recognizes the significance of each
precious, end-of-life journey. - We will do all we can to provide
an empowering hospice experience to each patient we have the
privilege of working with.We are seeking a talented Manager of
Hospice Clinical Services (RN). -Job Summary:The Manager of
Clinical Services is responsible for ensuring that patient care is
coordinated and managed appropriately. - The Manager of Clinical
Services is responsible for ensuring that care and services are
delivered appropriately and for the supervision of clinical
personnel. - -Qualifications:
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice
professional nursing in the state.
- Graduate of NLN accredited school of nursing with a BSN degree
- Previous experience in hospice/home care setting and with two
(2) years management or supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and
- Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment and
communication skills. - Understands hospice philosophy and issues
- Understands principles of pain/symptom management.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in
good working order.
- Complies and maintains current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, verbal and written
communication skills.Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Receives case referrals. - Reviews available patient
information related to case, including home visits, to determine
hospice/home care needs. - Assigns appropriate hospice personnel to
case as needed. - Conferences with Medical Director or Hospice
Physician regarding any questions about an individual's eligibility
- Reviews and evaluates each case through a variety of means such
as home visits, conferences, record review and the services
provided by clinicians; discusses and verifies impressions,
instructs and guides clinicians to promote more effective
performance and delivery of quality hospice care services; and is
available at all times during operating hours to assist clinicians
- Reviews patient's medical diagnosis, prognosis, medications,
procedures and clinical course.
- Assists clinicians in establishing immediate and long-term
therapeutic goals, in setting priorities, and in developing plan of
- Attends case conference meetings with hospice personnel to
facilitate coordination of care and discussion of interdisciplinary
- Conducts quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and
recommendations to the Regional Director of Clinical Operations and
- Assists in the screening and interviewing process of new
employees and makes recommendations for employment of individuals.
- Assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Hires, evaluates, and terminates organization personnel under
the delegation of the Regional Director of Clinical Operations
- Conducts annual evaluations on clinicians, or more frequently
if indicated, under the delegation of the Director of Clinical
operations and/or Administrator.
- Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records,
statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and
reporting of organizational activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance
with local, state and federal laws.
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate
inventory of supplies and equipment for the provision of patient
- Assists Regional Director of Clinical Operations and other
supervisory hospice personnel in the planning, implementation and
evaluation of inservice and continuing education programs. -
Assists in implementing organization policies, procedures, goals
and objectives, both short and long range.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and
- Assesses health needs of community and assists in the
development of plan(s)/ program(s) to meet needs. - Participates in
public relation and community activities that promote the
organization's role as an effective member of the hospice and
health care delivery system. - Promotes customer service
orientation to all hospice personnel.
- Participates actively in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
- Performs other duties and activities as delegated by the
Regional Director of Clinical Operations and/or Administrator.
-Benefits of Employment:
- Excellent compensation
- Extensive benefits, including medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contributions
- PTO and Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Growth opportunities
- A supportive and employee-centric culture -EMR Used:
- Homecare HomebaseCompensation: -
- Excellent compensation package (above market!) -
Keywords: Resource 1 Homecare Staffing, LLC., Jefferson City , Manager of Hospice Clinical Services (RN), Executive , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!