Community Manager, WhatsApp
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Summary: Were looking for someone who lives and breathes social
media. Someone who tracks Instagram feature updates like its their
job (spoiler alert: it will be), is obsessed with Twitters trending
topics and has already tried the latest TikTok hack before anyone
else has even heard of it. WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable
way to talk to anyone in the world. Over 2 billion people in 180+
countries use WhatsApp daily to stay in touch with friends and
family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp also has over 35 million
followers across social channels, and we are looking for an
experienced Community Manager to nurture and engage this audience.
The Community Manager will be responsible for managing every aspect
of publishing content to our social channels, including creating
and updating editorial calendars, working with copywriters and
creative teams to develop content, and managing the entire asset
workflow from creation to publishing and reporting. This person
plays a significant role in building the brand in Social, ensuring
that consumers are kept informed, up-to-date and close to WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is all about closeness and emotional connection, so we
want to reflect that in our Social channels. The ideal candidate is
someone who understands the emotions and complexities of
communities, as well the technical functionalities of Social media.
They will understand how to talk to people and when to get
involved; they will understand why certain content works and what
people are looking for; they will know how to read the room and
judge situations online. They will have a proven track record in
managing and publishing Social content for a consumer facing brand
with a large online following, including copywriting, publishing
and listening/responding to brand opportunities online. The
Community Manager will have the keys to the Social channels - so
were looking for someone who is highly organized, has a strong
attention to detail, comfortable with change, despises typos, and
will never ever leave their phone in the back of an Uber. The
WhatsApp community manager will also have a high degree of
strategic acumen, and is able to understand and translate business
and marketing goals into social strategies.Required Skills:
Community Manager, WhatsApp Responsibilities:
- A passion for WhatsApp and its mission to connect the world
- Work with the Social Lead to build a content calendar for the
week, and publish posts accordingly.
- Work with the broader Marketing team to bring campaigns to life
- Work with the content teams to deliver assets that are Social
first and optimized for each channel.
- Use our Social insights and listening tools to identify great
opportunities for engagement through replies, Stories and
- Understand the interests and behaviors of our community and how
to best connect with them and keep them engaged.
- Partner with Communications team to flag and escalate sensitive
community responses and provide recommended actions.
- Oversee a high volume of content creation (both internally and
via agency partners) and plan for how this will be deployed within
the editorial calendar.
- Test and analyze results to measure the effectiveness of our
efforts, with an emphasis on continuous optimization and
- Liaise and manage processes with external moderation partners,
including working in partnership to develop and implement
- Understand the strategic role that Social plays in our
- Work with our copywriting team to finesse language for posts
- This is not a customer service role, but the ideal candidate
will be comfortable producing product education content in both
outbounds and replies.
- Understand the WhatsApp Consumer and their connection with the
product to drive meaningful new product/feature adoption and
greater engagement.Minimum Qualifications: Minimum
- Experience in handling replies for a brand (whether for
customer service or for general engagement).
- Experience wearing both creative and analytical hats, putting
forth best-in-class execution within a measurable and data driven
- Experience with Social analytics.
- 3+ years of experience running Social channels for a global
consumer facing brand.
- Experience spotting opportunities as they arise in response to
cultural, media, or market trends.
- Experience in publishing and managing a content calendar.
- Experience prioritizing tasks, manage deadlines, adapt with
changing priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term
strategic initiatives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Experience in copywriting for nuanced brand.Preferred
Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong international experience and knowledge of diverse
cultural, social and business landscapes.
- Experience with Social tools - e.g. Khoros, Sprinklr,
- Understanding of cultural trends, memes and the internet
landscape both in the U.S. and internationally.Industry:
InternetEqual Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Keywords: Meta, Jefferson City , Community Manager, WhatsApp, Executive , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!