Business Development Director - Managed Services
Company: Computer Services, Inc.
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Location: Any CSI Office, Open to discussion
The position of Business Development Director (Managed Services),
reporting to the Vice President, is responsible for new business
development and cross-sales of opportunities of existing clients.
Included in his/her responsibilities are sales lead prospecting,
evaluation of business opportunities, coordination of sales support
and company efforts with prospects, development of proposals and
sales contracts, and closing sufficient new business to meet or
exceed sales goals. This position will target Financial
Institutions across the United States.
* Generates new business by achieving or exceeding annual
* Attends trade shows and/or works with Inside Sales and Marketing
to identify new leads/opportunities.
* Leverages up-to-date industry knowledge, trends, compliance, and
relevant marketing content to increase the effectiveness of CSI's
value presentation to increase close ratios.
* Collaborates with various groups such as Marketing to increase
the CSI brand awareness within assigned territory, Sales or current
client base for revenue exploration and opportunities.
* Identification and development of new sales opportunities within
* Identification and development of cross-sales opportunities
within assigned territory.
* Development of territory sales plan including targeted accounts,
goals and strategies
* Management of individual sales prospects from initial contact
through contract execution
* Preparation of sales proposals, contracts and other documents
* Planning and leadership of the efforts of company resources in
support of sales efforts.
* Interaction with industry consultants and business partners to
identify sales opportunities.
* Continuous accountability for the status of all sales prospects
within a territory.
* Continuous objective evaluation of the viability of individual
* Disengaging as early as possible from prospects unlikely to
result in a sale.
* Ongoing documentation of all sales contacts and prospect action
* Efficient management of sales-related expenses in accordance with
* Work closely with Managed Services Division service and support
teams such as field-based engineers, network operations center
analysts, sales operations, and marketing
* Other duties assigned by the Regional Vice President
PRIMARY RESULTS ACCOUNTABLE FOR ACHIEVING
* Meet or exceed annual quota.
* Continuous pipeline development to support year-over-year
* Increase ongoing close percentages over time.
* Accountable for annual recurring revenue and total contract value
in an assigned geographic territory. Ongoing relationship with
customers signed up as well as developing relationships with top
accounts to identify additional revenue opportunities and
Education & Certifications:
Education or job knowledge equivalent to a college or university
The minimum amount of relevant work and/or industry experience
required to successfully perform the job is at least two (2)
A minimum of 5 years of business-to-business sales experience is
A Bachelor's degree in business marketing, economics or related
field, or equivalent industry experience is preferred but not
In-depth knowledge of the banking industry and compliance
regulations is a major plus
Experience selling technology solutions that encompass managed and
Previous experience with maintaining a book of existing business
and the creation of net new sales.
* Self-starter that can succeed under limited supervision
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Consultative selling skills
* Basic understanding of network security and network
* Strong relationship-building skills
* Ability to use technology and analysis tools (Excel, Outlook,
* Executive presence to influence senior decision-makers
* Communication skills
* Reasoning skills
* Computer skills
* Leadership skills
* Administrative skills
* Analytical skills
* Networking skills
* Project Management skills
* Time Management skills
This position requires regular contact both inside and outside the
company at all organizational levels, and involves considerable
tact, discretion, persuasion, and negotiation to obtain willing
action and consent.
The position requires frequent decision making and the ability to
plan and perform unusual or difficult work with general operation
General Direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining
objectives and approach to assignments. Completed work is reviewed
from a long-time perspective for desired results.
The work environment characteristics described below are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Travel: Extensive travel required (20% - 40%)
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and
hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands or
arms, lift or move up to 10 pounds, and travel by ground or
vehicle. This position requires close vision (clear vision at 20
inches or less) and the basic need to look at a computer screen 8
hours a day.
Not For Colorado Applicants:
This position is not open for Colorado Applicants.
CSI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
genetics, or any other legally protected basis.
Keywords: Computer Services, Inc., Jefferson City , Business Development Director - Managed Services, Executive , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!