Shelter Case Manager
Company: The Salvation Army USA Central Territory
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: November 15, 2023
The Salvation Army Midland Division Shelter located in Jefferson
City, Missouri, is looking for a PoH Case Manager! This is a
full-time position with starting pay of $35,568! This position
offers generous time off which includes 14 days paid holidays, sick
time, personal days, and a floating holiday PLUS vacation.
Full-Time employees are eligible to participate in Group Voluntary
Life (based on age and smoking status).Company funded pension after
1 year of employment, optional 403b, and additional benefits can be
This position is expected to advance and support the Mission of The
Salvation Army. Manages client cases in the Center of Hope
Emergency Shelter and Pathway of Hope Programs. Position must
perform duties in compliance with all active funding requirements
and may be involved in reporting to grant funders. Position does
not supervise other staff. Position is expected to comply with and
meet The Salvation Army, Federal, State and Local policies, and
Center of Hope
- Conduct initial interviews with all Emergency Shelter clients
to determine immediate needs as assigned by the Shelter
- Develop client goal plan and meet periodically with clients on
caseload to update goal plans and client activity notes in case
files, encouraging clients to access community resources for
- Perform case manager duties in accordance with the terms of all
- Monitor employment and savings program progress of clients on
- Make referrals to appropriate services and agencies for
material, medical, and other types of assistance.
- Assist with other case management/shelter duties as
- Complete documentation as mandated by contract, policy and
procedure, and/or Salvation Army practice in the approved
computerized reporting system.
- Assign/monitor therapeutic duties assigned to clients.
- Propose to supervisor, and with approval, develop and implement
programs for clients, conduct a life skill group periodically, or
arrange for outside professionals to deliver the programs.
Pathway of Hope
- Deliver the Pathway of Hope service consisting of the following
functions with a limited number of participating clients:
- Conduct pre-screening and intake of clients using specified
- Conduct goal setting steps with clients formulating
change-oriented action plan.
- Conduct follow-up case management meetings with
- Monitor and track the change goal attainment on the action
- Record statistical data and provide statistical reports in a
- Case Manager will expend funding and in-kind gifts in a manner
that conforms to spending deadlines and utilizes tracking methods
prescribed by Salvation Army policy. All reports must be submitted
in a timely manner.
- Direct, schedule, and supervise the volunteers helping with
Pathway of Hope familied.
- Communicate Pathway of Hope activities to the Corps Officer(s),
coordinate social services with other Corps programming, and inform
clients of Corps programming.
- Network with other agencies and organizations within the
community to maximize services to our clients.
- Participate in staff meetings as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality, proper client staff boundaries and
comply with Safe From Harm guidelines.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating
in a manner that fosters good relationships with clients,
co-workers, and supervisors. This includes but is not limited to
such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner;
courteous treatment of staff, visitors, and clients; respect of
others' property and person; and professional and appropriate
communication to and about clients, co-workers, and
This job description should not be interpreted as an all-inclusive
list. It is intended to identify the essential duties and
requirements of the position. Employee will follow other
instructions, and perform other related duties, as may be required
by hi/her supervisor. Reasonable accommodation may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job
Requires a bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, or other
related field, accompanied by at least one year of work experience
in human service delivery, administration, or management.
Combination of education and experience may be considered. Ability
to work with diverse and challenging personalities is essential.
Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills and
capable of enter and retrieve data from a computer. Proficient with
Microsoft Office WORD, EXCEL, and email applications. Ability to
relate to people in a courteous and professional manner/good
interpersonal skill. Requires good organizational skills with the
ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time. Must be a team
player, a self-starter and perform well with minimum supervision
and demonstrate ability to think independently and exercise sound
judgment. Requires a high level of confidentiality. Valid driver's
license and pass TSA MVR check, required. Must participate in HMIS
and SIMS training and be certified for data entry into HMIS & SIMS
within 60 days of employment, preferably within 30 days.
Willingness to continue educational skills as necessary for job
Keywords: The Salvation Army USA Central Territory, Jefferson City , Shelter Case Manager, Executive , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!