Assistant Manager Store Operations - Full Time
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: March 13, 2019
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Store Operations FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Grocery Revision Date: 09/2017
Supervises and coordinates the activities of employees. Ensures that customer's needs are met.
Accountable and Reports to:
Store Director; Assistant Director, Perishables, Operations, Health Wellness Home
All positions except those listed above or designated by the Store Director
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork. Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient service to customers and sets a good example.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call.
- Responsible for perpetuating the fundamental values of the Hy-Vee culture. This involves: honesty; integrity; friendliness, and caring for customers and employees; demonstrates sincerity, respect, and high levels of ethics and morals; dedicated to proving the best products and values; shares information; being fair in how customers, suppliers and employees are treated; demonstrates good manners; shows dignity; and is involved in helping the company improve and grow.
- Oversees proper training, handles employee issues, and coordinates disciplinary procedures when necessary.
- Assists management in determining specific pricing and blends.
- Determines location of ad and promotional displays, ensures product quality and quantities to meet customer and store demands and profitability.
- Ensures the store standards for customers service, employee relations, and overall departmental profitability are met.
- Ensures compliance with store accounting procedures and reports potential problems.
- Oversees building/ground maintenance and all store sanitation and cleanliness to ensure they meet with the store directors and company's guidelines.
- Uses and understands all hardware and software technology in the store.
- Assists in forecasting and reviewing the store labor schedule with the store directors guidelines.
- Evaluates employee performance to recommend personnel actions in their respective area such as promotion, transfer, or dismissal.
- Trains and enforces safety procedures to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees and customers and fills out customer accident forms. Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries, fills out first report of injury, and assigns duties according to restrictions.
- Directs the ordering of merchandise in their respective areas.
- Coordinates compliance of employees with established policy/law, security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Assists with replenishing shelf product, designs and constructs displays.
- Confers with employees and assists in solving problems affecting job duties, productivity, and of established policies and procedures.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and works expected number of hours.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines the motivational needs of employees and provides the appropriate environment.
- Recruits and interviews job applicants to recommend or determine employment, and may be involved with the coordination of orientations.
- Stays current with market trends and information (i.e.; competition, new products, equipment, and merchandising techniques).
- Provides continuous education for existing store employees regarding new and updated company and store policies, procedures, and job duties.
- Recommends additions, deletions and shelf allocation of merchandise to be sold in any department.
- Pursues retail educational opportunities and continuing education whenever possible.
- Assists in all areas of the store as needed.
- Works with department heads and other designated personnel regarding schedules, labor issues, product purchasing, and merchandising to meet their specific goals.
- Sells merchandise to company employees, customers or issues merchandise upon requisition by authorized personnel (inter-store transfers). Handles cash registers.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Instructing, assigning work, reviewing work, planning the work of others, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, and coordinating the activities of others. Assists with selecting new employees and acts on employee problems. Has the authority to recommend and approve employee transfers, promotions, discipline, discharge, and salary adjustments.
Education and Experience:
High School or equivalent experience. One year or more of retail experience including performing the duties of an Assistant Manager.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
- Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Possess the ability to interview to obtain basic information; guide people to provide basic direction; follow technical manuals and have increased contact with people.
This position is exposed to dust, noise, and temperature extremes. There are possible equipment movement hazards; electrical shock, and exposure to chemicals and solvents. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Pallet jack, box cutter, cash registers, knives, trash compactor, cardboard baler, fork lift, computer, calculator, telephone, FAX machine, two wheeler, register computer, ordering machine, use of limited power equipment, delivery vehicle, related store equipment.
Authorized to purchase merchandise and supplies and order repairs on equipment.
Has daily contact with customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, and the general public. Occasional contact with federal or state regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Has access to confidential information, which may include pricing, sales reports, profit and loss reports, and wages.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Jefferson City , Assistant Manager Store Operations - Full Time, Executive , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!