Associate Regional Medical Director (Physician #)
Company: Corizon Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: October 13, 2020
About Corizon Health Correctional healthcare is not just a job.
It's a calling. By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are
choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health,
well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in
being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are
interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and
clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Responsibilities Below is a list of your responsibilities as a
Associate Regiona l Medical Directo r with Corizon Health at
Missouri Regional Office located in Jefferson City, Missouri.
- Process improvement including leading a team of physicians
addressing compliance with clinical quality indicators and UM
programs specific to the contract requirements and adherence to
corporate UM and clinical quality policies and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation and on-going supervision of
on-site chronic clinics. Consults with medical providers in the
community to resolve issues in delivering services to inmates as
assigned by the Medical Director.
- Supervises the clinical services provided by the professional
and paraprofessional staff. Assists with the development of medical
audit criteria. Does medical audits at the direction of the site
and Regional Medical Director.
- Serves as discussion leader for selected in-service training
classes. Represents the health care program in discussions with
local civic groups or visiting officials as assigned by the Medical
Director. Monitors referrals to outside health care facilities for
appropriateness, quality and continuity of care.
- As directed, visits the infirmary and records encounters in
patient's progress notes. Ensures own physician documentation is
dated, timed, legible, problem orientated, and signed. Audits
nursing documentation monthly for the same.
- Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or
resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site
referral. Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds
appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Maintains proper certification for cardiopulmonary
resuscitation. Utilizes universal precautions when providing any
invasive procedures for diagnostic or routine studies. Obtains
informed consent prior to invasive procedures.
- Notifies Administrator of schedule changes in scheduled
coverage. Assists in arrangement for coverage of medical services
if unavailable for extended period of time.
- Abides by the security regulations of the facility. Other
duties as assigned. Experience & Requirements
- Licensed physician in the state of employment.
- Experience in a primary care specialty with experience in
corrections and/or managed health care delivery.
- Current DEA registration. Board certified, eligible, or
qualified by the state law/regulations to practice medicine.
- Required to exert up to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Required to kneel, stoop, crouch and/or crawl occasionally.
Occasionally walking throughout site; to include walking up and
down flights of stairs.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks using arms, hands, and
- Long periods sitting, typing and reading from a computer screen
may be required. A background check, security clearance and drug
screening are required for this role. Corizon Health is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal
and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are
considered for all positions without regard to race, gender,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability,
Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including
Disability/Protected Veterans. Not ready to apply? Connect with us
for general consideration. ID 2 Job Locations US-MO-Jefferson City
Category Clinical & Operations Leadership Position Type Regular
Part-time Shift / Schedule Weekday Day Location ID 02025
Keyphrases: health administration jobs, medical director jobs,
hospital administration jobs, hospital administrative jobs,
healthcare administration jobs, administration jobs, healthcare
administrator jobs, medical administration jobs, chief medical
officer jobs, medical director position jobs, associate medical
director jobs, medical administrative jobs, healthcare ceo jobs,
medical ceo jobs, executive director jobs
Keywords: Corizon Health, Jefferson City , Associate Regional Medical Director (Physician #), Healthcare , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!