Physician, Obstetrics & Gynecology
Company: SSM Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: January 20, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling. MO-REMOTE Worker Type:
Regular Job Summary: Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses. Job
Responsibilities and Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff
members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all
clinical decision making within the office during times of
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of
operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and
capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3)
Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation;
(5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel
management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality
assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the
practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including
speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and
quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running. Licenses / Certifications: Physician
- State of Work Location Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of
America) Job Type: Employee Department: OB Service Line Scheduled
Weekly Hours: 40 SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil
rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex. Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Jefferson City , Physician, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Healthcare , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!