Medical Staff Coordinator - PRN
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Medical Staff Coordinator - PRN - 2211292Job : Medical Coding
and BillingPrimary Location : Work from HomeOrganization : Provider
Credentialing 20 200608Shift: : First ShiftDescriptionMedical Staff
Coordinator - PRNJOB SUMMARY:Completes timely and accurate
credentialing and privileging of providers with minimal guidance.
Ensures that credentialing records comply with requirements of
regulatory and accrediting agencies including Centers for
Medicare/Medicaid Services, the Joint Commission, and the National
Committee for Quality Assurance, federal and state laws and
delegated credentialing agreements.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all individuals credentialed and/or granted
clinical privileges are qualified to provide services based upon
the scope of their training, licensure and experience.
- Processes privileging and status change requests through the
appropriate services and committees.
- Performs primary source verification for applicants and
competency verification for privileging.
- Collaborate with personnel in other departments and
- Ensures appropriate documentation is maintained and that
information is easily retrievable.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the
position and additional duties may be assigned.TECHNICAL
CAPABILITIES:DISCRETION & PRIVACY (ADVANCED): - The ability to use
and keep information confidential in a secure setting.DATA ENTRY
(ADVANCED): - The ability to transcribe information from the
original source into an electronic system according to written and
verbal instructions efficiently and accurately.ANALYTICAL SKILLS
(EXPERT): - The process of identifying, evaluating, interpreting
and organizing data. It includes sorting through data to identify
patterns and establish relationships for decision making.CVO
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (INTERMEDIATE): - Knowledge, adherence and
application of CVO policies and procedures.CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that
significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and
analysis to solve some non-routine problems.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic
job skills in other areas.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to
less experienced team members.CORE CAPABILITIES:SUPPORTING
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by
identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand
colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others
and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.DELIVERING
EXCELLENT SERVICES (S3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the
problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves
routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to
understand the issues and provides accurate information and
support.ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery
and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards .
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new
knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness
to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic
knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe
conditions to the appropriate person or department.MANAGING
RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for
completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard
approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of
how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good
decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without
error.FOSTERING INNOVATION (S3):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or
initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering
suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands
when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure
proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to
changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area
of work.Basic QualificationsHigh School Diploma or GED (or
equivalent experience) and 4 years relevant experienceLicensure,
Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):Additional Qualification
- Credentialing and privileging experience in a hospital setting
is required. CPCS or CPMSM Certification can be accepted in lieu of
degree.Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force
occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.Movement
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.Req ID:
2211292Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to
principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Jefferson City , Medical Staff Coordinator - PRN, Healthcare , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!