Physician - Orthopedic Surgeon - Jefferson City, MO.
Company: SSM Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 27, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling
MO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
SSM Health is building a brand-new Orthopedic Surgery practice and is seeking two full-time Orthopedic Surgeons at St. Mary's Hospital in Jefferson City, MO.
* Continued expansion and patient demand have created this need
* Practice will encompass mix of shoulder, hip & knee with opportunity to build in sub-specialty interest
* EPIC EMR utilized
* Excellent onboarding process
* Two-year guarantee salary with wRVU productivity and comprehensive benefits
* Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
* Call coverage with work/life balance
* Full-time opportunity
* Fully integrated system with clinic and hospital on Epic EMR to improve care coordination
* Rewarding mix between outpatient, inpatient, and surgery all under one roof
* SSM Health is an Orthopedic Center of Excellence (Joint Replacement Program)
Jefferson City MSA consist of four counties with a population of approximately 150,000 and was named the "Most Beautiful Small Town in America" by Rand McNally. It is located within 30 minutes of Columbia, MO and 2 hours of St. Louis and Kansas City and their big-city amenities. Experience the rewards of practicing with one of the leading health systems in the nation, while you discover a quality of life unique to Mid Missouri. Here you'll find smaller cities such as Ashland, Holts Summit and Jefferson City, our state capital, and Columbia, home of the University of Missouri. This area has all the diversity, vibrancy and activities you would find in major metropolitan areas without the congestion and stress. And, for those who wish to experience the wonders of nature, Lake of the Ozarks' 1,150 miles of shoreline offer the state's premier lake resort and vacation destination.
Diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
* Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
* Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
* Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
* Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
* Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
* Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
* Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Licenses / Certifications:
Physician - State of Work Location
Day Shift (United States of America)
2104000163 Clinic Network
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health is an equal opportunity employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Click here to learn more.
It's more than a career, it's a calling
Keywords: SSM Health, Jefferson City , Physician - Orthopedic Surgeon - Jefferson City, MO., Healthcare , Jefferson City, Missouri
here to apply!