RN - Wound Care
Company: SSM Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: February 14, 2019
The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care and is accountable for the outcome of such care. Directs/oversees other non-licensed staff in the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrates and maintains knowledge and skills necessary to care for the patient group of: 1. Infant, 2. Pediatric, 3. Adolescent, 4. Adult, 5. Geriatric.
- A thorough and accurate admission assessment is completed and documented at time of new patient admission or assessments on reach visit.
- Provides admission and ongoing assessment of patient learning barriers and needs. Meets discharge and ongoing patient educational needs related to treatment, procedures, disease process, equipment, and medication follow up care (utilizing available materials and resources).
- Develops, implements and updates plan of care.
- Verbalizes knowledge and demonstrates consistent use and compliance for written protocols (ie; pain, conscious sedation, skin, restraint, abuse, parental bonding, etc.).
- Administers medications/IV therapy safely and according to procedure.
- Documentation is legible and utilizes correct forms and guidelines, and the content accurately reflects patient condition.
- Communicates changes in patient condition to physicians and necessary staff.
- Actively involved in solving problems on the unit. Acts as communication liaison among departments and for physicians.
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently.
- Acts as a clinical resource to other staff. Helps foster success of new staff. Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse eligible to take State Board exam for first time. BLS/ACLS certification within 6 months of hire. HBOT certification within 6 months of hire.
- Knowledge and skills to provide patient care appropriate to the specific department. Ability to function effectively in stressful situations. Awareness of changing trends in nursing practice and ability to adapt, including knowledge of Missouri Nurse Practice Act. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Ability and willingness to rotate shifts and adjust to necessary schedule changes. Ability to work under supervision as well as ability to oversee others. Physical Requirements: Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 101 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 8 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 8 hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation. SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital Jefferson City SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Associated topics: bsn, hospice, maternal, mhb, psychatric, psychiatric, recovery, registered nurse, transitional, unit
Keywords: SSM Health, Jefferson City , RN - Wound Care, Healthcare , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!