Occupational Health Coordinator
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: July 12, 2019
DO WORK THAT MATTERS:
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to
create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier
lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition,
diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals,
Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests
and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
ABBOTT RAPID DIAGNOSTICS (FORMERLY ALERE) is part of Abbotts
Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional
teams of experts and industry leading technologies. We have an
exciting opportunity for a OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH COORDINATOR within
our ESCREEN DIVISION Located at KANSAS CITY.. In this role, you
will BE RESPONSIBLE FOR COORDINATION/COMPLETION OF APPOINTMENT
REQUESTS AND ASSOCIATED COMMUNICATION WITH CLIENTS/CLINICS.
RESPONSIBILITIES ALSO INCLUDE FOLLOWING UP ON THE EVENTS FROM
REPORTS AND/OR EMAIL INQUIRIES. OCC HEALTH COORDINATORS WORK WITH
OUR CLINICS TO SCHEDULE AND COMPLETE EVENTS. COORDINATORS ALSO
COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY WITH THE CLIENT IF THERE IS AN INQUIRY OR
ESCALATION TO ADDRESS. CLIENT INTERACTION TAKES PLACE THROUGH
INBOUND AND OUTBOUND PHONE INQUIRY AND EMAIL.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - (KEY ACTIVITIES)
* Respond to inquiries related to testing transactions via phone
* Track and follow up on received source documents and amount of
time documents are in process.
* Identify and interpret appropriate steps to resolve the need of
* Coordinate send and receipt of source documents, resolve
questions, inconsistencies, or missing information on
* Enter data into computer following each action taken, and enter
necessary codes to represent the action.
* Make necessary corrections to information entered to ensure
* Request documentation from vendors, clinics, or clients as
required to complete the testing process.
Other duties may be assigned
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how
you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or
document you upload, or by completing the work experience and
education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft
Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
INTERNAL APPLICANT GUIDELINE:
* Please be advised that there is 5 calendar day window for
internal employees to submit their applications and internal
employees can not apply after 5 calendar day window is closed
unless Hiring Manager requests to open the window again for more
* Before you apply for an internal opportunity you should notify
your direct manager.
* To be eligible for an internal transfer/promotion, you must be in
your current position for at least a year and must maintain
satisfactory performance in your current position and not be under
a present corrective/disciplinary action.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma required,
* Four-year degree from an accredited college or university is
* 1-3 years customer service experience
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* General knowledge of Occupational Health Services is a plus
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
SPAN OF CONTROL / COMPLEXITY
LEADERSHIP / TALENT MANAGEMENT
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Work is typically performed in a normal office environment.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at
www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, ABBOTT WELCOMES AND ENCOURAGES
DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with
disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to
Keywords: Abbott, Jefferson City , Occupational Health Coordinator, Healthcare , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!