RN - Telemetry - SJHC - FT - Nights
Company: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: July 23, 2019
Role Purpose :
The Staff Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of SSM Health.
- Creating an environment that leads to a positive patient care
experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective plans
of care and communicating with both patients and their
- Serving as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-
coordinated patient care in an acute or clinic setting.
- Making sound decisions in response to changes in
condition/response to treatment while maintaining a calm
- Utilizing the Electronic Health Record to document patient
- Effectively coordinating with physicians and team members
regarding changes in patient status, symptomatology, results of
diagnostic tests and critical test values.
- Demonstrating an attitude that exemplifies SSM values of
Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship and Community. Minimum
- Degree from an accredited Nursing Program
- Customer Service abilities and effective listening skills
Exceptional critical thinking and the ability to work in a team in
a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, pushing, pulling,
and lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 100 pounds Preferred
- ACLS Physical Requirements:
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
Keywords: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles, Jefferson City , RN - Telemetry - SJHC - FT - Nights, Healthcare , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!