Company: Jefferson City Manor Inc
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Position Summary: Prepares, cooks and delivers quality meals per
facility-approved menu. Maintains kitchen work standards created
and put into place by the Director of Food and Nutrition Services
including the strict use of approved recipes. Delivers a quality
and creative restaurant-style dining experience to all residents
and guests.Essential Functions
- Follows proper work standards for food handling, processing and
preparation, cooking, thawing, cooling, reheating, and
- Follows best practices for tracking temperatures of food during
preparation and delivery, refrigeration and freezing.
- Performs shift cooking and serving duties while delegating work
to kitchen assistant(s).
- Cooks main course dishes, e.g., meat, fish, poultry for current
meal and future shift inventory.
- Prepares sauces and soups; sides dishes, pastries, appetizers,
snacks, and desserts for current meal and inventory for next
- Ensures that assistants are adequately and timely prepping
and/or cooking food for current meal and inventory for next
- Responsible for shift management of Food and Nutrition Services
Assistant(s) and Maitre D'.
- Effectively delegates tasks to department staff.
- Ensures that foods are prepared per schedules, approved menus,
and standardized recipes.
- Adheres to food storage and rotation program to prevent
- Tracks current inventories of food and supplies and reports
same to Director of Food and Nutrition Services to avoid any
shortages or system failures.
- Advises Director of Food and Nutrition Services of any problems
with utensils or cooking or storage equipment.
- At shift's end, sees to the proper cleaning and sanitizing of
all equipment, utensils, appliances, surfaces, containers, floors
and disposal of trash.
- Assists Director of Food and Nutrition Services to ensure
compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety,
and sanitation standards.
- Supports ongoing training efforts for food service workers in
best use of kitchen utensils, equipment, personal safety, personal
hygiene, sanitary handling of food and equipment, and the highest
level of safety and sanitation for the overall kitchen and dining
- Reports to Director of Food and Nutrition Services any kitchen
or serving performance issues noticed during shift.
- Wears professional attire daily, which includes department
- Attends all required training and meetings.
- Attends all required in-services as directed.
- Takes part in employee orientation as directed.
- Complies with the company's employee safety prevention and
accident reporting program.
- Participates in conducting fire drills and other safety
- Cooperates and problem-solves with other departments and staff,
residents, families, vendors, and others to support the residents'
- Timely response and follow through on all communications.
- Protects the confidential nature of resident information and
adheres to resident rights.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Works flexible and, at times, uncertain work hours including
early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed and
performs duties of other positions as needed.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities
and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or
without notice.NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Lead Cook experience in restaurant environment.
- Currently recognized as ServSafe Certified by the American
National Standards Institute (ANSI)- Conference for Food Protection
- Must have food handler certification or ability to complete
- Excellent skills in all types of cooking including stove-top,
baking, grilling, boiling, poaching and frying.
- Competency in cooking a multitude of dishes from main course to
soups and sauces to desserts and side dishes, etc.
- Experienced in hands-on food preparation activities for current
meal and building inventory for next shift(s).
- Proven track record of cooking multiple foods in a cooperative
kitchen team environment.
- Ability to ensure on-demand meal delivery in a restaurant
- Skilled at delegating preparation and stocking work among
- Ability to observe work habits of shift staff and provide
necessary correction and training regarding food processing and
storage, personal safety, personal hygiene, and the sanitary
handling of food, equipment and overall kitchen and dining
- Must be known for displaying a commitment to excellence in food
preparation and delivery.
- History of ethical conduct.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all
levels of life experiences.
- Able and willing to take direction from management.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful
situations during busy periods.
- Works extra hours when necessary and performs duties of other
positions as needed.
- Self-directed organizational skills that enhance the ability to
manage numerous priorities.
- Patience and acceptance of constant change in own work
- Reads, writes, speaks, and understands the English
language.Preferred Education or Experience
- Formal culinary class completion in nutrition, food safety, or
- Experience cooking for those with restricted dietary
requirements.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. They
- Regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands
to finger, feel, handle controls, talk, walk, hear, reach out and
up with hands and arms, stoop and kneel.
- Must be able to easily lift, carry, and otherwise move at least
- Ability to work with and manipulate industrial cooking
equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to tolerate changing temperatures within a kitchen
environment from hot to cold and freezing.
- Requires physical contact with residents.Work EnvironmentThe
work environment is a professional healthcare environment. Employee
could be exposed to:
- Noise levels range from moderate to loud.
- Contact with a wide variety of food products and aromas occur
- Workers can sustain injuries such as bumps and bruises, cuts or
- Walking in and out of a food freezer is routine.
- Cleaning agents and other chemicals for sanitation purposes are
- Work gloves made of Latex or other materials are required to be
- Dermatitis from frequent hand-washing.
- Contagious or infectious diseases.
- Bio-hazardous waste.
- While performing administrative duties, the work environment
includes standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.Travel
- Employee must be able to travel by automobile.PM20
Keywords: Jefferson City Manor Inc, Jefferson City , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!