Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: November 22, 2022
At Hy-Vee our people are our strength. We promise "a helpful
smile in every aisle" and those smiles can only come from a
workforce that is fully engaged and committed to supporting our
customers and each other.
Job Title: Day Stocker
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Unloads
product, opens containers, stocks shelves, and rotates product
- Growth mindset
- Results oriented
- Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director; Store Manager;
Assistant Managers of HWH, Perishables, and Store Operations; Day
Stock Manager; Service Managers
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Unloads trucks, opens containers, stock the shelves, runs
overstock on risers and rotates product.
- Monitors for mis-picked items, reviews product outs, wrong
- Organizes stock for greatest efficiency; cleans and restocks
- Tags the shelves with overstock in the back room and understock
- Reports all new or different items for the scanning coordinator
for input into the system.
- Maintains adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates register for customer purchases.
- Trains new day stockers in job duties.
- Outside maintenance; shovel sidewalk of snow, spread ice melt
on ice, and pick up and return carts.
- Stocks supplies, cigarettes, front-end sacks, and delivers
supplies to departments.
- Cleans but not limited to registers, restrooms, breakroom;
backroom, sweeps and mops the floor, and tends to supply
- Orders merchandise and supplies as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret
- Must be able to solve arithmetic calculations involving
fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
Education and Experience:
- High school or equivalent experience.
- Six months or less of similar or related work experience.
- Must be able to physically perform very heavy work, exerting in
excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, in excess of 50 pounds
of force frequently, and in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly
to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
This position is exposed to dirt, noise, equipment movement hazard,
and chemicals/solvents daily. This position is also occasionally
exposed to temperature extremes and the potential for electrical
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Power jack, compactor, C.A.R.S. system, check register, fork lift,
scales, Tomra machines, two wheeler, and box cutter.
Responsible for supplies, stock, and for checking the cooler.
Has daily contact with community or trade/professional
organizations, suppliers/vendors, and customers.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Inc., Jefferson City , Day Stocker, Hospitality & Tourism , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!