Company: Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: January 11, 2020
WE'RE DRIVING TOWARD THE ULTIMATE VICTORY: A WORLD WITHOUT THE FEAR
Help us attract and motivate the world s best talent to achieve our
vision of a world without fear of cancer. Reporting to the Director
of Compensation, the Compensation Manager is responsible for
managing global compensation programs and consulting with assigned
client groups on their compensation needs. Leads annual rewards
process and manages off-cycle compensation requests. Manages and
communicates incentive plans. Provides regular counsel and
recommendations to client groups. Analyzes competitive data for
target labor markets and recommends solutions to compensation
challenges. Evaluates new jobs and develops global salary ranges.
Assesses and makes recommendations to leadership on compensation
programs and practices.
* Manage annual rewards process for base pay, bonus and equity
rewards. Lead cross-functional team to establish global budgets,
develop guidelines and tools, prepare communication materials,
develop and deliver education for HR and management, analyze and
counsel management on recommendations, and prepare executive
* Manage company bonus plans; may partner with Finance and Sales
Operations on sales incentive plans. Conduct market assessments to
evaluate competitiveness of target incentives, pay mix and total
target cash. Present business case for any recommended changes.
* Manage Varian s employee recognition program to ensure delivery
of a meaningful program that aligns with our values.
* Provide compensation expertise and support to management, HR
business partners and talent acquisition teams. Advise client
groups on company s compensation philosophy, practices, and
programs. Conduct competitive pay assessments, evaluate jobs, and
consult with the business on their compensation needs.
* Ensure effective communication/promotion of the company's
compensation programs and practices to HR, management, employees &
* Provide compensation support for cross-functional HR projects,
such as M&A activity and HR systems implementations.
* May develop and update global salary ranges, job codes, grades,
bonus targets, etc.; partner with HR Operations to ensure accuracy
and integrity of compensation data in HRIS and identify process
* Actively support HR team members and cross-functional partners
and look for opportunities to improve processes, policies, and
* Ensure compliance with local/federal compensation requirements
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 5-8+ years related
experience; global experience in a medical device or high-tech
environment highly desired.
* Proactive team member with strong customer service orientation,
excellent attention to detail and follow through.
* Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced
environment; strong sense of urgency in driving projects to
* Excellent analytical, organizational and project management
skills with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication
* Advanced Excel plus strong Word and PowerPoint skills; experience
with Workday HRMS and compensation modules a plus.
* Strong knowledge of compensation/employment laws.
* Ability to handle confidential employee information with
discretion and good judgment.
We're unleashing the power of technology and human ingenuity to
achieve new victories in the fight against cancer. Join us and have
a global impact.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Jefferson City , Compensation Manager, Human Resources , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!