Technical Project Manager
Company: AIC (part of ACS Group)
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: March 13, 2019
Sr. Project Manager Experience/Skills ROLE DESCRIPTION: Strong communications, be assertive and good at planning and risk management.
- Complete ownership and accountability for production support 150+ applications in production.
- As a key interface to the Infrastructure and Development teams, this role will ensure that the business teams receive the services required from technology.
- Ensure availability of applications by adhering to SLAs, managing service delivery, developing processes to monitor risks and resolve issues, and personal involvement when required.
- Build a satisfied customer base by pro-actively managing escalations, ensuring timely turnaround if user queries through prompt and effective communication and reporting.
- Ensure applications are fully compliant by adhering to processes and security compliance as mandated by standards.
- Manage system incidents providing timely escalation/recovery actions and management communication.
- Flexible to accommodate time-zones as teams are geographically dispersed and support activities are 24*7 and manage different shifts and weekend support.
- Provide a proactive approach to supporting the production environment including presenting ideas & process improvements to automate manual tasks and reduce the team workload
- Manage Post Incident Reviews and conduct Disaster Recovery tests
- Provide guidance to the team on managing high severity issues, communication, prioritization of issues, process definition and adherence e.g. configuration management, rollout, etc., work with key stakeholders in the business, development, and IT platform teams to resolve any bottlenecks, provide advice on resiliency, quality, stability, and performance.
- Engage adequately with the Development teams to ensure a seamless transition from Dev to Support, understand Support pipeline, and share common problem tickets to improve development quality and process.
- Engages with multiple upstream/downstream teams and be able to analyze challenges/issues, prioritize, troubleshoot and spearhead discussions.
- Develop/Refine a Support Dashboard to share KPIs/ key results areas, e.g. Support Metrics, overall productivity, and cost reduction.
- Ability to interact with technical and business executive leadership and operational staff and act as a Thought Partner
- People responsibilities - performance appraisals, productivity improvement, punctuality and discipline, talent retention, career planning & development SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience: Minimum 12 years
- Having experience in Application Maintenance and Support project is mandatory
- Having experience in onsite / offshore model execution
- Experienced in Mainframe Cobol, DB2, IMS DB/DC, VSA, CICS
- Knowledge of US Healthcare system would be an added advantage
- Strong written & verbal communications
- Experience in writing SOW, evaluation of estimates, preparing management reports, weekly and monthly status reports
- Strong expertise in work planning, estimating/budgeting, resource planning, risk assessment, expectation management, scope and issue management
- Ability to work with different levels of management throughout an organization, excellent customer focusComplete ownership and accountability for production support 150+ applications in production.
Keywords: AIC (part of ACS Group), Jefferson City , Technical Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!