Senior Advisor - Bethesda MD - Now Hiring!
Company: Cape Fox Facilities Services - Glassdoor --- 4.1
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Cape Fox Facilities Service is seeking a Senior Advisor to join our
team in Bethesda, MD in support of the NIH. Responsibilities:
- FPAA Progress Status - Develop a master spreadsheet that
captures in real time the development and current status of all
FPAA documentation. Assign and maintain FPAA numbers.
- Prepare Project FPAAs - Facilitate the development of the FPAA
package (Form 300 and supporting documentation and attachments) for
submission to HHS, to include the following:
- FPAA Timeline - Develop identified Project FPAAs in a timely
manner in order to remove the effort from the Critical Path of a
- Project Justification Statements - Work with the Project
Officer (PO) and End User to prepare a concise and well-articulated
business justification for the project.
- Project Description - Work with the PO to prepare a concise and
well-articulated description of the project, clearly defining what
will be delivered at the end of the work.
- FPAA Budget - Work with the PO to establish the total FPAA
Budget. Determine funding sources (i.e. B&F, IC, NEF, Gift,
Royalty, CARES Act, Emergency Funds) and fiscal year for all
aspects of the project.
- B&F Funding - Work with DBFM to determine availability of
B&F funds for the project and where the project fits into the
B&F 5-year plan. Work with DFS to determine availability of
R&I funds and where it fits into the R&I 5-year plan. Based
on funding availability, determine the impacts on the project
schedule presented by the PO.
- IC Funding - Determine if project is following the NIH Special
Authority Statute and the impacts on availability of Fiscal Year IC
funding plans and the projects schedule.
- NEF Funding - Prepare FPAAs that use NEF dollars as its primary
source of funding. Work with DBFM to determine where the project
fits into the Annual Facilities Plan (B&F 5-year plan).
- FPAA Cost Template - Prepare the comprehensive backup Cost
Template which is used to populate the FPAA Budget table in Form
300. The cost template identifies all funding sources, funding
year(s) and captures all project costs to include studies,
pre-design, design, post design, construction (including design
contingency, escalation, and bonds/insurances), Construction and
Owner contingencies, Commissioning/CQV, CQM, 3rd party testing &
inspection services, Geotechnical, special permitting (e.g. MDE
expediting), additional SHPO costs, additional costs for EIS,
furniture & moveable equipment, CIT, security, activation, special
purpose equipment, and IC non-construction items cost items (i.e.
- As required, work with the PO to develop, review and / or
validate construction ROMs or IGEs used as the basis to determine
the Estimated Cost of Construction at Award (ECCA).
- FPAA Milestone Schedule - Work with the PO to establish the
project schedule from planning through operational milestones.
- Prepare CI, BMAR and Operating Costs Metrics - Work with DFS
and the PO to calculate before / after metrics for reporting
condition index, operating costs and BMAR reduction resulting from
- Project Definition Index Rating (PDRI) - Attend the pre-PDRI
work session with the PO and DFP facilitator to pre-score and draft
comments to the PDRI template prior to the full PDRI work session
held with the NIH community. (An abbreviated PDRI work session with
the PO, OD's FPAA Coordinator and DFP facilitator is sufficient for
catch-up FPAAs, (i.e. already awarded), or for IC-funded SPE FPAAs
with incidental design and construction costs for which for we
request a waiver.)
- Attachment A - Appropriations, Obligations, Budget (AOB) Form -
Complete the AOB form, using the FPAA budget.
- Attachment B - Housing Plan - Facilitate the preparation of the
Housing Plan by the PO. The Housing Plan demonstrates the before
and after utilization rates for office / admin renovation projects.
The HHS target utilization rate is 170 usf / person.
- 2016 DOE Guiding Principles Sustainability Checklist Attachment
- Initiate the request for DEP to work with the PO to prepare the
Sustainability Checklist and waiver, if applicable.
- Project Delivery Contract Strategy (PDCS) Evaluation Attachment
- Unless the project delivery/contract strategy (e.g. design build,
design/bid/build) is otherwise documented elsewhere (i.e memo to
the file prepared by the Contracting Officer (CO), Integrated
Project Team meeting minutes, etc.) prepare the PDCS evaluation
which documents how the project delivery method was determined
using the Construction Industry Institute (CII) Project Delivery
and Contract Strategy (PDCS) selection process.
- Econpack Attachment - Prepare the narrative that analyses
applicable alternatives that address the requirement. The narrative
documents which alternative (status quo, renovation, renovation
with construction, new construction, leasing, etc.) is most viable
and provides a recommendation for moving forward with the
- HHS Communication -
- Attend regular calls with the HHS FPAA coordinator to discuss
and determine ways to present projects that have issues with
funding sources and threshold allowances.
- Answer any comments that HHS has on the FPAA submittal. Upon
approval, coordinate obtaining NIH and HHS signatures.
- Regularly brief HHS on upcoming projects that could affect the
B&F 5- year timeline.
- Assist HHS with NIH's priority of submitted FPAAs so as not to
delay any project procurement awards. Upon submission, track and
monitor the FPAA review and approval status.
- Assist DBFM in the development of the NIH Annual Facilities
Plan (aka Buildings & Facilities (B&F) 5-Year Plan) as
presented to the NIH Office of Budget (OB), HHSJ, OMBJ, CJ and
Capital Improvement Review Board (CIRB).
- Maintain and update a "working" version of the B&F plan as
FPAAs are developed. Meet regularly with the DBFM Budget Officer to
review new and updated FPAA-level projects and impact on the
- Develop NEF Spending Plans and Timeline schedules for use in
the Budget Justification documentation. Develop new and updated
HHSJ, OMBJ and CJ Nonrecurring Expense Funds (NEF) justification
narratives necessary to obtain approval of NEF funding
- Support and/or facilitate the preparation of ORF's annual June
CIRB Briefing Presentation to HHS.
- Prepare a description, justification, budget and graphic for
each new CIRB-level FPAA project.
- Provide the Annual Facilities Plan.
- Update the Deviation Report
- Update Owned Capital Projects Report.
- Support ORF leadership in the preparation of the quarterly
House and Senate Appropriations (Four Corners) presentation.
- Update the current status of each scored and projected new FPAA
project in the Prioritization Model to include approval, funding,
award, and CIRB approval statuses.
- Attend B&F Board meetings. Provide periodic review of the
R&I plan (prepared by DFS) for alignment with FPAA line items
in the Buildings & Facilities 5-Year Plan.
- Provide input to and review of the Project Quarterly Status
- Provide input to and review of the Five Year Timeline (5YTL)
report prepared quarterly by DFS PARB.
- Ph.D. in a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized
experience plus a Master's degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.; five
(5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is
equivalent to a Ph.D.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of design and construction and / or
Construction Quality Management experience with sophisticated
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience with federal
procurement programs on either the private or government side.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management
skills. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates
provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit
employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed,
national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation,
protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to
Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native
Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.
Keywords: Cape Fox Facilities Services - Glassdoor --- 4.1, Jefferson City , Senior Advisor - Bethesda MD - Now Hiring!, Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!