Housekeeping (Full Time Evenings)
Company: Capital Region Medical Center
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Capital Region Medical Center
This Position reports to (Title): Environmental Services Asst.
Dept: Environmental Services (EVS) Entity: Capital Region
Position purpose: Provide daily cleaning and supply re-stocking
to patient rooms, nurses stations, lounges, rest rooms, offices and
any other areas. Must be able to demonstrate and articulate the
knowledge and skills of space cleaning through Competency training.
Assist with moving of patient furniture and mattresses. Project
cleaning consisting of walls, lights, vents, windows etc. Set up
meetings/conference rooms and other duties as assigned.
Principal Accountabilities and Essential duties of the job:
- Performs established cleaning functions in assigned areas
following a written established schedule.
- Use of Key Words at Key Times, Stock supplies, High dusting,
Sanitizing High Touch areas and spot cleaning, rest room cleaning,
empty wastebaskets, floor dusting/vacuum carpet, Microfiber/floor
sanitizing, your inspection.
- Performs daily/discharge/transfer cleaning of patient rooms, to
include bed stripping and re-making.
- Performs isolation cleaning procedures are required by hospital
- Discharge/transfer cleaning to include IV poles, Pumps, Porta
Pottys and other pumps such as legpumps, Bi Pap machine.
- Makes corrections when traveling about facility such as picking
debris off of floor, empty trash and reporting cleaning needs.
- Assist in cleaning of emergency spills observed/requested.
- Utilize appropriate standard precautions and knowledge while
- Follows correct procedures in handling and transporting of
large quantities of trash, Bio-Hazardous Waste Material, Sharps
containers and Clean/Soiled Linen.
- Proper use of cleaning chemicals, labeling, mixing and
appropriate PPE. Will be required to understand and be able to
explain use of chemicals.
- In case of fire or other internal/external disasters, performs
department duties as assigned
- Changing of sharp containers, stocking gloves and re-filling
- Project cleaning as assigned
Operates EVS Equipment
- Will use-cleaning devices including micro fiber pads, 12-20 oz
wet mops, wringers, dusters,commercial type vacuum cleaners and
other necessary tools, products and supplies.
- Climbing ladders for window/light/vent cleaning and changing
- Observe and report maintenance issues that need repair such as
equipment, furniture, building and fixtures.
Demonstrates positive customer service/relations
- Practices Fundamentals of Patient Communication AIDET,
Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration,Explanation, Thank you.
- Is sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Committed to CRMC Customer Service and Patient Satisfaction
Survey. Demonstrates positive attitude, smiles and is eager to
assist. Addresses customer and acknowledges their presence.
- Adapts to individual situations and changing work demand, team
player and takes initiative.Communicates clearly and is
knowledgeable. Respects privacy and maintains confidentiality.
- Adheres to hospital dress code.
- Uses appropriate channels for problem solving. Gives and
accepts appropriate constructive criticism. Remains flexible.
- Consistently uses correct telephone etiquette.
- Attends ongoing training/development/department meetings that
will enhance service to patients.
Education: Basic Skill Set
Keywords: Capital Region Medical Center, Jefferson City , Housekeeping (Full Time Evenings), Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!