Patient Care Technician - Progressive Care Unit (Days)
Company: Capital Region Medical Center
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 31, 2021
CAPITAL REGION MEDICAL CENTER
This Position Reports to (Title): UNIT MANAGER
Position Purpose: The nursing assistant performs a variety of
basic patient care needs and comfort measures. Strives to meet
patient and family needs to ensure a positive experience. Works
under the direction of an R.N. or L.P.N.
Principal Accountabilities and Essential Duties of the Job
PROVIDES DIRECT PATIENT CARE WHICH ASSISTS PATIENTS IN
ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING AND DOCUMENTS APPROPRIATELY.
- Gives/assists with daily hygiene to include: bathing, hair
care, oral hygiene, personal grooming.
- Provides skin care and skin care precautions.
- Performs/assists with physical activity to include:
repositioning, ambulating, ROM.
- Meets patients nutritional needs to include: providing water,
preparing patient for meals, checking and passing trays, assisting
and feeding patients as needed, recording amount eaten, complying
with dietary restrictions, assuring that snacks are delivered,
consumed and recorded.
- Maintains a clean, safe environment for the patient.
- Reports problems/unusual events promptly to the responsible
- Provides adequate explanation regarding activities.
- Responds to call lights promptly and courteously and follows
through to meet patient's needs.
- Volunteers to take on additional tasks to improve patient care
- Rounds frequently to anticipate patient's needs and strives to
meet to patient's satisfaction.
PERFORMS TREATMENTS AND PROCEDURES AS DIRECTED BY THE PLAN OF
CARE AND DOCUMENTS APPROPRIATELY.
- Collects, records and transports specimens.
- Obtains and documents vital signs and collects and documents
intake and output and level of pain.
- Competently performs postmortem care, TED hose and sequential
application, ice packs, binder application, finger sticks, mouth
care one-touch calibration, decubitus care of stage I & II, oral
suctioning and other tasks as appropriately validated.
- Assists with waived testing per unit policy and competency
validation, if completed.
KNOWLEDGEABLE OF AND COMPLIES WITH INSTITUTION AND REGULATORY
- Attends mandatory inservice.
- Utilizes infection control principles in performance of job
- Participates in fire safety activities.
- Utilizes safe body mechanics.
- Utilizes safe practices related to specific working
- Maintains a clean environment by cleaning utility rooms,
equipment and patient care areas.
The most significant duties have been included in this
description. This does not preclude the assignment of occasional
additional or developmental duties. The Hospital reserves the right
to modify this job description as needed to accurately reflect
DEMONSTRATES BEHAVIORS WHICH UTILIZE THE PRINCIPLES OF
CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT.
- Is a team player, assisting others and working to achieve a
coordinated functional unit.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and complete assignment in
allotted time frame.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies,
linen and follows established charge procedurefor patient charge
- Actively participates in unit and hospital education
- Attends unit meetings and hospital education programs.
- Demonstrates punctuality and availability on the job.
- Participates in unit CQI activities as directed.
DEMONSTRATES POSITIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE/RELATIONS
- Is sensitive. Aware of the feelings of others, tactful,
appropriate tone of voice is used.
- Is enthusiastic. Demonstrates positive attitude, smiles/good
humor, eager to assist. Embraces Capital Region Medical Center's
- Is respectful/courteous. Addresses customers appropriately,
acknowledges customer's presence, helps customers feel
important/comfortable. Displays good manners.
- Is versatile. Adaptable to individual situations and changing
work demands, team player - owns jobs andprojects. Takes
- Is informative. Keeps customers informed, communicates clearly,
- Maintains confidentiality. Respects privacy, keeps all medical
center records confidential and is professional about conducting
medical center business.
- Is empathetic. Understands situations and takes appropriate
actions, skilled in listening, realistically assures.
- Maintains professional image in adherence to dress code.
- Uses appropriate channels for problem solving.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with external
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of a team
environment within the Medical Center.
- Gives and accepts appropriate constructive criticism.
- Remains flexible.
Keywords: Capital Region Medical Center, Jefferson City , Patient Care Technician - Progressive Care Unit (Days), Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!