Clinic LPN - Center for Orthopedic Excellence
Company: Capital Region Medical Center
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
CAPITAL REGION MEDICAL CENTER POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Clinic Licensed Practical Nurse
This Position Reports to (Title): Physician / FNP / Clinic
Manager or Supervisor
Position Purpose: The L.P.N. functions under the supervision of
the physician or the family nurse practitioner(FNP) in providing
direct patient care activities, utilizing the nursing process in
accordance with the Missouri State Practice Act, policies,
procedures and standards of Capital Region Medical Center-Clinic
Principal Accountabilities and Essential Duties of the Job:
PERFORMS PATIENT EVALUATION WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THE L.P.N. ROLE
- Assist physician in the interview process and documents
sections appropriate to scope of practice.
- Makes accurate and ongoing evaluations of patients with regard
to developmental status and documents appropriately.
- Participates in the identification of problems of assigned
- Communicates pertinent patient information to
- Assures that documentation reflects changes in patient
condition and notification to appropriate individuals
ASSISTS IN DEVELOPING AND UPDATING THE PLAN OF CARE FOR THE
- Keeps abreast of changes in orders and plan of care.
- Participates in integrating the therapeutic plan of care with
other members of the health care team.
- Encourages participation of patient and family in treatment of
- Sets priorities for nursing in a logical sequence according to
patients needs/and plan of care.
- Participates in patient care clinic pertinence activities.
PROVIDES PLAN OF CARE WITHIN THE L.P.N. ROLE:
- Implements treatments/procedures according to nursing care
standards and documents appropriately.
- Administers medications and I.V.s according to scope of L.P.N.
role, if certified.
- Provides patient and family education and documents
- Assists with patient placement in rooms, discharge/referral
arrangements or transfers.
EVALUATES PATIENT STATUS IN RELATION TO ESTABLISHES PLAN OF CARE
AND DESIRED OUTCOME:
- Communicates findings and patient information to assist in
evaluating the need for care.
- Participates in assuring that unit quality improvement
indicator thresholds are achieved.
- Reports problems/unusual events promptly to the responsible
person and documents appropriately.
DIAGNOSTIC/THERAPEUTIC PROCEDURES PERFORMED ON SITE AS DIRECTED
BY THE PHYSICIAN / FNP:
- Testing performed by the employee will be checked on the
attached check list. (Attachment-A)
- Demonstrates knowledge, critical thinking and competency for
all procedures checked.
- Follows the Quality Assurance Program for equipment used to
MAINTAIN PROPER INVENTORY OF MEDICAL AND PHARMACEUTICAL
- Reports need to person responsible for ordering supplies, or
orders directly as instructed. All orders require the signature of
the Clinic Manager or Clinic Supervisor.
- Responsible for proper storage, labeling, dating and/or
disposal of medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Maintains accurate pharmaceutical sample log and controlled
DEMONSTRATES CUSTOMER RELATIONS AS HIGH PRIORITY IN LINE WITH
CAPITAL REGION MEDICAL CENTERS MISSION, VISION AND VALUES:
- Keeps both patients and significant others informed.
- Responds to patient needs promptly and courteously, follows
through to meet patients needs.
- Strives to meet patients needs.
- Volunteers to take on additional tasks to improve patient care
- Shows concern and respect for others by dealing with people in
a compassionate, sensitive and responsive manner.
- Respects confidentiality of others.
- Willingly participates in problem solving, even if issue is not
in areas of responsibility.
DEMONSTRATES BEHAVIORS WHICH PROMOTE PROFESSIONALISM UTILIZING
THE PRINCIPLES OF CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT:
- Is team player, assisting others and working to achieve a
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and complete assignments
- Completes activities in allotted time frame.
- Is cost conscious in all aspects of employment.
- Attends staff meetings and education programs as
- Displays professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Adapts to change in professional manner.
- Participates and/or contributes to clinic improvement
- Demonstrates punctuality and availability on-the-job.
- Utilizes safe practices consistently (body mechanics, universal
precautions, OSHA guidelines, hospital plans).
- Completes mandatories and competencies annually.
- Staff may be required to float to other clinics as deemed
necessary to help cover staff shortages
DEMONSTRATES POSITIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE/RELATIONS:
- Is sensitive. Aware of the feelings of others, tactful,
appropriate tone of voice is used.
- Is enthusiastic. Demonstrates positive attitude, smile/good
humor, eager to assist. EmbracesCapital Region Medical Centers
- Is respectful/courteous. Addresses customers appropriately,
acknowledges customers presence,helps customers feel
important/comfortable. Displays good manners.
- Is versatile. Adaptable to individual situations and changing
work demands, team player - ownsjobs and projects. Take initiative,
and displays good follow through on tasks.
- Is informative. Keeps customers informed communicates clearly
- Maintains confidentiality. Respects privacy, keeps all medical
records confidential and isprofessional about conducting medical
- Is empathetic. Understands situations and takes appropriate
actions, skilled in listening,realistically assures.
- Maintains professional image in adherence to dress code.
- Uses appropriate channels for problem solving.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with external
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of a team player
environment within the clinicsystem.
- Gives and accepts appropriate constructive criticism.
- Remains flexible and adapts to change.
Education: High School plus specialized training (minimum of 6
months to 2 years)
Licensure: L.P.N license required
Keywords: Capital Region Medical Center, Jefferson City , Clinic LPN - Center for Orthopedic Excellence, Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!