Coder, Hospital Outpatient
Company: Dean Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Assigns accurate diagnostic and procedure codes according to
clinical documentation and official coding guidelines for
outpatient hospital accounts.
- Reviews HCPCS charges and codes for appropriateness of
modifiers in relation to NCCI/CCI edits. Enters in accurate charge
information, when appropriate
- Monitors assigned work queues to ensure all records are charged
in a timely matter.
- Generates coding queries for clarification regarding physician
documentation as needed
- Stays abreast of all changes in coding conventions and coding
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
- Responsible for coding and abstracting inpatient accounts in
accordance with coding guidelines.
Keywords: Dean Health, Jefferson City , Coder, Hospital Outpatient, Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!