Nuclear Medicine Technologist (H)
Company: SSM Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: September 7, 2021
Performs therapeutic and diagnostic nuclear medicine procedures
providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive
drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of
radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and
repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.
Keywords: SSM Health, Jefferson City , Nuclear Medicine Technologist (H), Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!