Emergency Services Technician- Full Time, Night
Company: SSM Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Provides direct and/or indirect duties necessary to provide
quality patient care.
- Assists in collection of labs, coordinating patient flow with
radiology to assist with turn around times. Performs visual
- Responds to patients' requests for assistance and answers call
lights promptly. Assists with transfer and transportation of
patients. Assists the Registered Nurse with the taking and/or
recording of patient's temperature, pulse, respiration, blood
pressure, weight and fluid status and bedside glucose and notifies
Registered Nurse of significant findings. Assists physicians
by placing calls to other physicians as needed. Assists
provider with gynecology exams and specimen collection.
Collects voided urine samples. Turns over rooms by cleaning
- Obtains EKG’s for patients in emergent/urgent situations and as
- Performs messenger service and delivers equipment to
departments. Orders and stocks supplies as needed. Performs routine
- Answers phones, takes and relays messages.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent OR Certified Nurse Assistant
OR EMT Basic OR nursing student with completion of fundamentals
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Jefferson City , Emergency Services Technician- Full Time, Night, Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!