RN- Surgical/Ortho- Full Time, Night, Weekend Program
Company: SSM Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Uses standards of medical-surgical nursing practice to
increase the quality of care and quality of life for the patient,
family, and significant other(s) by systematically evaluating the
quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Establishes effective relationships and serves as an
advocate with the patient, family, and significant other(s) to
facilitate the development of the care plan unique to the patient’s
- Uses the nursing process to develop and implement the
plan of care, collect assessment data for each patient, determine
appropriate nursing diagnoses, identify expected patient outcomes,
determine the plan of care, implement interventions, and evaluate
- Develops assessment and management strategies based on a
consideration of the physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
dimensions of human responses to actual and potential health
- Demonstrates knowledge of the impact of actual or
potential illness and each patient’s physical, functional,
cultural, social, economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational,
and leisure status.
- Utilizes leadership skills by coordinating and
collaborating with the patient, family, significant other(s),
communities, and members of the interprofessional team in assessing
needs, setting goals, planning interventions, providing care, and
- Utilizes effective communication to participate with the
patient, family, significant other(s), and other health care
providers in collaborative decision making that reflects the
understanding that care should be culturally sensitive, ethical,
legal, holistic, informed, compassionate, and humane, and within
the boundaries of available economic resources.
- Educates the patient, family, and significant other(s)
about measures that promote, maintain, and restore health or
- Fosters a healthy work environment within the practice
setting and profession by serving as a mentor and role model for
nursing colleagues, students, and others.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to medical-surgical nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Jefferson City , RN- Surgical/Ortho- Full Time, Night, Weekend Program, Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!