Behavioral Scientist, Branch Development
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 13, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
The Branch Development division at Edward Jones hires, trains,
supports and develops the branch team to deliver the ideal client
experience. As the key connection between branches and the home
office, you'll play a vital role in driving positive results in the
core profit center of the firm and in gaining critical insights
that shape our business.
Here, you'll help branch teams grow both their clients and their
leadership skills, providing innovative thinking to continue
evolving our training, development, recognition and rewards in ways
that best engage our unique branches.
Position: Behavioral Scientist
This role will lead a variety of behavioral science projects from
initiation through delivery. The work will include light consulting
to in-depth project work with the focus on applying principles of
human behavior to Edward Jones in three general areas: Consulting,
Research, and Awareness. There will be a strong partnership between
this function and internal research groups. This role will partner
with test and learn functions, experimentation, design thinking,
analytics/insights, and other shared services. Finally, this role
will help increase the behavioral science knowledge and acumen at
- Enhance firm understanding, awareness, and application of
behavioral science concepts to enhance delivery of Human Centered
- Guide senior leaders as they set vision and make plans for
strategic direction of key areas
- Represent complex data and concepts to a variety of audiences
(senior leaders, associates in small and large groups)
- Collaborate and influence across the Insights Network and
Shared Services groups: understand capabilities of departments
across the firm and leverage/partner effectively
- Apply behavioral science solutions that will meet their
- Provide behavioral science insight on how our business
decisions will affect our FAs, BOAs, and clients
- Understand, analyze, and recommend various research
methodologies using both qualitative and quantitative research
methodologies to address firm-wide business issues.
- Educate and advocate for experimentation as a key firm business
process for data-based decision making
- Educate and advocate for experimentation
- Consult with business areas on the design of the experimental
- Apply behavioral science principles to the experimental
protocol to increase adoption
- Keep abreast of new developments in behavioral science
- Identify, guide and partner with academics and external vendors
to execute research projects or other consulting and training
- Apply new developments in behavioral science to firm strategies
and Branch Insights research
- Collaborating with other business areas and the field to
diagnose current and future insights-based business needs.
- Partner with research strategists and analysts to incorporate
behavioral science principles in research studies
- Masters degree or equivalent work experience required (field of
interest is in Social Sciences - behavioral science, psychology,
organizational behavior, behavioral finance, behavioral economics,
- Doctoral degree preferred. (field of interest is in Social
Sciences - behavioral science, psychology, organizational behavior,
behavioral finance, behavioral economics, etc.).
- 8+ years relevant work experience
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Behavioral Science,
Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Behavioral Finance.
- Knowledge of research methods and design
- Ability to collaborate and influence others.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Project Management skills.
- Effectively coordinate and manage multiple large-scale
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Jefferson City , Behavioral Scientist, Branch Development, Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!