Community Support Specialist
Company: New Horizons Community Support Services, Inc.
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
New Horizons Community Support Services, Inc. has an established
reputation for excellence in serving adults with behavioral health
diagnoses for over 40 years and is certified by the Missouri
Department of Mental Health and accredited by CARF. New Horizons
serves a diverse body of people. A variety of perspectives in our
workforce allows us to create a dynamic and inclusive environment
where everyone can contribute to our organization.
New Horizons is looking for a Full-Time Community Support
Specialists in Both our Jefferson City and Columbia locations to
provide case management, rehabilitation services, and assessment
services to adults with serious mental illness. Looking for a
caring person who enjoys challenging work with a variety of
- Hours: Full-Time, Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm; Participate
in the on-call rotation.
- Training: Must obtain CPI, CPR, First Aid (will train)
- Benefits: Full-Time benefits include, Medical, Dental, Vision
and Life insurance. Paid holidays, paid leave, tuition
reimbursement, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
- Must complete application and submit resume at
- New Horizons is an equal opportunity employer. This applies to
everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, disability,
gender (including gender identity and gender expression), age,
language preference, sexual orientation, spiritual
beliefs/religion, education and socioeconomic status.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Provide interventions to assist consumers with identifying and
meeting their goals, learning new skills, and improving their
coping and symptom management skills.
- Assist consumers to develop interpersonal/family/community
relationships and independent living skills to improve home,
school, family, and work environments.
- Ensure follow through with recommended health care, to include
scheduling appointments, finding financial resources, and arranging
transportation when consumers are unable to perform these tasks
independently in order to decrease hospitalizations and improve
- In collaboration with a Qualified Mental Health Professional,
provide clinical expertise as it relates to psychosocial
assessments and crisis prevention planning.
- Develop, implement, and update treatment plans that identify
specific, individualized, and measurable wellness and recovery
goals, objectives, and interventions in collaboration with the
consumer, family/support system and/or other involved
- Driving is an essential function of the position.
- Clearly document clinical interventions in progress
- Implement and abide by company policy.
A Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP), OR an individual
with a bachelor's degree in a human services field, which includes
social work, psychology, nursing, education, criminal justice,
recreational therapy, human development and family studies,
counseling, child development, gerontology, sociology, human
services, behavioral science and rehabilitation counseling; OR any
four year degree and two years of qualifying experiences; OR any
four year degree and two years of qualifying experience, OR four
years of qualifying experience OR Associate of Applied Science in
Behavioral Health Support from an approved institution.
A valid driver's license and a favorable driving record.
Keywords: New Horizons Community Support Services, Inc., Jefferson City , Community Support Specialist, Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!