Patient Safety Attendant (Float)
Company: SSM Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Performs basic patient monitoring activities under the
supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remains at bedside of assigned patient at all times unless
relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Assists in calming and/or reorienting patient in cases of
agitation or confusion.
- Removes visible hazards and/or broken equipment from immediate
environment and reports as appropriate.
- Documents observations according to hospital guidelines.
- Meets with the patient s nurse at the beginning of shift to
review the patient care plan and activities for the shift to ensure
that the expectations, goals and responsibilities are clearly
understood in order to achieve patient and staff safety.
- Observes isolation precautions as indicated.
- Observes monitoring equipment and notifies nursing staff of
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- No education requiredEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Jefferson City , Patient Safety Attendant (Float), Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!