Senior Platform Engineer
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.The Software Security team is responsible for ensuring
the delivery of secure software to our Financial Advisors and Home
office associates. Our key systems include static application
security testing, software composition analysis, container
security, web access management, etc. We are responsible for
supporting and enhancing our existing systems and developing
technology solutions that support and elevate the technology
division in alignment with firm's vision.
The application security platform engineer is responsible for
validating that application services are designed and implemented
with high security standards. The role analyzes the security of
applications in tandem with their underlying services, including
connected dependencies such as middle-tier systems and databases.
Additionally, the application security platform engineer addresses
legacy and emerging security issues and implements repeatable
secure development practices to reduce the introduction of program
design flaws that may lead to exploitation. As issues are
uncovered, the application security platform engineer communicates
with the appropriate technical and leadership teams to ensure a
focus on risk mitigation - allowing for business continuity, but
without negligent risk. Application security platform engineers are
constantly assessing applications for weaknesses and finding
resolutions before they can be abused.
- Perform and analyze vulnerability testing.
- Document security findings and directly assist developers with
reasonable methods to secure.
- Work in tandem with developers to provide repetitive validation
testing prior to production while allowing for a continuous cycle
of development followed by application security assessments.
- Directly assist developers hands-on with code details and
assist with mitigation routes.
- Regularly monitor the security community for public-facing
security issues, as well as to learn new tactics that can be used
- Attend and participate in application projects and change
management committees. This includes interacting with business
units and technical teams to understand what is coming and how
their projects can be more secure from the beginning.
- Fully define and follow a security review process to ensure an
automated and repeatable process is managed.
- Use security standards and implementation configurations, as
well as common security frameworks.
- Prepare for and manage bug bounty programs. Document delivery
and implementation advances that meet defined service-level
agreements (SLAs) and business metrics.
- Align with architects and development teams for a mission of
- Train developers and junior application security engineers on
weaknesses to avoid.
- Actively participate and lead security team meetings that
facilitate secure design.
- Focus on application security that observes compliance
-Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), etc. - and other privacy laws.
- Respond to and handle service and escalation tickets within SLA
- Drive security efficiencies, enabling security team members to
work on more advanced tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal)
- Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work,
seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating
- At least 5+ years' experience in cybersecurity, including
compliance and risk management security engineering
- Highly technical and analytical experience, with a proven deep
background (preferred 5+ years' in addition to cybersecurity) in
application programming. Experience in threat modeling
- Vulnerability and penetration-testing skills.
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity
- Proficiency in software development (emphasis on Java).
- Solid understanding of network and web protocols.
- Experience with security of intra-company and third-party
- Experience with dynamic and static scanning tools.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Jefferson City , Senior Platform Engineer, Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!