IRL Technologist (Monday-Friday, Days)
Company: Capital Region Medical Center
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Provides optimum patient care to patients undergoing
radiographic procedures. Renders services in various imaging
modalities and performs nursing duties as needed including but not
limited to starting intravenous lines, administering and monitoring
conscious sedation, educating patients and family, screening
patients, prepping patients, recovering patients, and documenting
as required by hospital policy. Applies principles of radiation
protection for the patient and others as appropriate.
* Provides optimal patient care by performing nursing related
activities as needed throughout the department ensuring compliance
with departmental protocols. Maintains patient safety, comfort, and
modesty before, during and after procedure. Prioritizes patient
needs and functions as patient advocate.
* Maintains accurate and complete records of nursing observations
and care, and documents unusual occurrences.
* Performs history and assessment, inserts intravenous lines, and
administers medication including contrast materials and IV sedation
as prescribed by physician. Prepares patient for procedures;
providing instructions to obtain desired results, gain cooperation,
and minimize anxiety; Performs post -op rounds and documents
* Monitors and records vital signs as required during and after
* Recognizes and interprets patient signs/symptoms of adverse
situations and initiates/assists with remedial measures for
emergency care. Understands principles and proper technique for
* Practices aseptic techniques; Utilizes and practices body
substance isolation techniques; Adheres to recommended infection
control and safety procedures by following the
departmental/Hospital infection control and OSHA regulations.
Reports and documents improper infection control and safety
procedure notification. Performs/assist with procedures as
* Assists physician and is familiar with various procedures
including but not limited to: Neuro angiography, abdominal
angiography, Thoracic angiography, Peripheral angiography.
* Transports patients, as required
* Assists Centralized Scheduling with scheduling invasive
procedures performed by the radiologist.
* Participates in the on call rotation with other department
nurses. (60 minute response time
RN License and 3 years experience required. Special procuedure
and/or critical care experience preferred.
Keywords: Capital Region Medical Center, Jefferson City , IRL Technologist (Monday-Friday, Days), Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!