Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Responsible for the provision of patient care activities and
related non-professional services necessary for the care of
patients and the maintenance of the Operating Room under the
direction of a licensed nurse. Sets up Operating Room with needed
items for patient care; gathers supplies, x-rays, instruments,
etc., for cases; handles instruments during procedures.
Communicates information to the RN regarding patients.
- Practices and Implements the technical components of patient
care under the supervision of a licensed RN. ???
- Develops a plan of care based on physician preferences and
scheduled procedure criteria. Collaborates with physicians and
other health care professionals to plan and prepare individualized
care for each patient. ???
- Appropriately prepares equipment, supply and resource needs
based on an individualized plan of care. Reevaluates and modifies
resource needs as needed. ???
- Collaborates with the RN to implement a plan of care that
incorporates physician preferences, nursing assessments and
diagnostic data in a manner that is prioritized, timely, and
integrated with the plan of care. Communicates accurate and timely
information to the Registered Nurse regarding patients in their
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all
aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Maintains knowledge
and skills to properly operate all surgical equipment and
instruments. Utilizes appropriate aseptic technique when handling
supplies, instruments, and equipment. ???
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and
label all laboratory specimens. ???
- Quality controls are documented thoroughly and accurately
according to unit specific standards. ???
- Demonstrates competence in, problem solving, conflict
resolution, and team building. Acts as a resource to other team
members. ? ??
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates
appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work
environment. ?? ?
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively on a team.
Demonstrates positive interpersonal relationships with patients,
significant others, multidisciplinary team members and
- High School diploma or GED
- Scrub tech certification required.
- Surgical Technologist experience required or graduate from a
Surgical Technologist program.
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider
certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hire.?Physical
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily??
- Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day????????
- Running to respond to patient emergencies???????????
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 2?
hours a day???????????
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.??????????
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).??
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation?About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital ? Jefferson City?SSM
Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed, full-
service community hospital located in Missouri's state capital. The
hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in November
2014. The hospital features a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment
Center. Other services offered at the hospital include emergency
services, cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient
surgical services, maternity care and women's health.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City, Jefferson City , Surgical Technologist-Certified, Other , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!