Company: Black Box Network Services
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: March 18, 2020
The Voice Technician will deliver enterprise telephony (voice and
IP telephony) solutions to support existing product and service
functionality and multi-platform integration at client locations.
Perform day-to-day field and onsite installation, maintenance,
service, programming, testing and troubleshooting of mainly Avaya
PBX and Telephony systems, but some Cisco PBX technology as well.
Field and onsite support for ancillary technologies such as Vocera,
Calabrio, Ascom, AVST and Polycom will also be needed. Perform
day-to-day field installation, maintenance, service, programming,
testing and troubleshooting of PBX and VOIP voice systems (Ex.
Avaya, Cisco, Nortel, Vocera, Calabrio, AVST, Polycom etc.).
Consult with manufacturer NOC and support personnel for more
complex applications as needed.
Location: St. Louis
* Install analog, digital and IP voice telecommunications equipment
at client premise including Avaya and Cisco PBX systems, key
systems, voice mail, call center and related peripheral and
ancillary equipment including digital, TDM and SIP Trunking.
* Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for enterprise
analog, digital and IP voice problems, TDM, digital and SIP
trunking plus point-to-point as well as point to co-location
* Complete work orders for moves, adds, changes (MAC) and
deletions, on company supported product lines.
* Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally
and effectively with all internal and external customers/clients.
Assist management with gauging and assessing customer environment
* Receive, plan and prioritize jobs/work orders via centralized
resource management in his/ her territory on a daily basis.
* Assist project management and operations management with project
level resource and task planning as needed.
* Coordinate with other Team Members within North American
Commercial Services (NACS) Operations for the purpose of completing
projects/work orders efficiently.
* Complete required documentation in a variety of written and
electronic formats according to company standards such as time
reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion,
time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
* Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status
of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information
for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying
with OSHA regulations.
* Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining
inventory and ensuring availability of required items, as
* Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the
purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
* Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies,
etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials
required at client site.
* Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the
purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to
perform job functions.
* Achieve performance targets established by leadership for
applicable Key Performance Indicators.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Associate degree or Certification in a technology
services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 5+ years voice telecommunications experience with Avaya
PBX and VOIP systems and related attached servers and processors,
with an emphasis on Communication Manager, Aura Contact Center and
Call Management System.
* Minimum 5+ years voice telecommunications experience with Avaya
PBX and VOIP systems and related and attached servers and
* Industry and manufacturer specific certifications preferred
(specific examples: Avaya Certified Implementation/Support
Specialist/Expert (ACIS/ACSS or ACSE).
* Proven ability to install, service, perform maintenance, program,
test and troubleshoot analog and digital voice telecommunications
equipment and systems, including related and attached servers and
* Experience setting up and troubleshooting one or more of the
following company supported PBX/VOIP/Unified Communications systems
such as: Avaya, and Cisco.
* Understanding of voice transmission delivery methods and the
types of service provided across Copper, Fiber, POTS, T1, T3, SIP,
CAS, VOIP Transmission, analog transmission, digital transmission
* Basic knowledge of computer, networks, and information technology
* Strong PC skills and ability to operate, Windows, Unix, Linux
operating systems as required by the manufacturers of the company
supported voice systems. Ability to discuss network infrastructure
and have working knowledge of customer IT networks.
* Strong customer/client service orientation with effective
communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and
* Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints,
architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
* Proven skills in reliability and dependability demonstrated
through completing tasks on time and with minimal supervision,
punctual and present for work, informing appropriate individuals
when work will not be completed in agreed upon time frame.
* Valid driver s license and ability to safely drive company
What s in it for You*
Black Box Network Services offers a competitive total rewards
benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision
coverage, in addition to a wide variety of additional benefits like
life insurance, employee assistance programs, fitness
reimbursements, identity theft protection, education/scholarship
programs and more!
We understand attracting great talent requires going beyond just
competitive compensation and benefits. Black Box provides
challenging work that creates advancement opportunities within the
organization for those demonstrating desire and aptitude through
their achievements. We have no shortage of opportunities. If you
are looking for a business that allows for individual reward and
growth, we are the place for you!
About Black Box Network Services
Black Box Network Services is a leading technology solutions
provider dedicated to helping customers design, deploy and manage
their IT infrastructure. We deliver high-value products and
services through our global presence and 2,500 team members. Black
Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Federal,
State and Local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against
individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex,
sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status,
and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit,
hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available
Keywords: Black Box Network Services, Jefferson City , Technician -VOIP, Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!