Emergency Services Technician
Company: SSM Health
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Provides direct and /or indirect duties necessary to provide
quality patient care.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in collection of labs, coordinating patient flow with
radiology to assist with turn around times. - Performs visual
- Responds to patients' requests for assistance and answers call
lights promptly. Assists with transfer and transportation of
patients. Assists the Registered Nurse with the taking and/or
recording of patient's temperature, pulse, respiration, blood
pressure, weight and fluid status and bedside glucose and notifies
Registered Nurse of significant findings. - Assists physicians by
placing calls to other physicians as needed. - Assists provider
with gynecology exams and specimen collection. - Collects voided
urine samples. - Turns over rooms by cleaning and restocking.
- Obtains EKG's for patients in emergent/urgent situations and as
- Performs messenger service and delivers equipment to
departments. Orders and stocks supplies as needed. Performs routine
- Answers phones, takes and relays messages.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent OR Certified Nurse Assistant
OR EMT Basic OR nursing student with completion of fundamentals
- No experience required
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Jefferson City , Emergency Services Technician, Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!