Data & BI Analyst II
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 14, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Data and BI Analyst II
Data & Analytics
Firm Analytics partners with business areas to provide analytical
and financial insights for firm decision making and strategic
planning. Data & Analytics utilize advanced data manipulation
techniques and tools in their expertise of sourcing and
transforming of data that provide actionable insights.
The Data and BI Analyst will be dedicated to supporting the Pricing
Center of Excellence or Performance & Incentive Center of
Excellence. The Client Pricing COE exists to develop a robust
client pricing function for an organization of our size/complexity
while developing forward-looking monetization approaches that
complement firm strategy. The Performance and Incentives COE is
responsible for establishing the branch team compensation and
incentive vision and strategies to recognize and reward branch team
member's contribution to fulfilling our purpose of partnering for
positive impact to improve the lives of our clients and colleagues
and together better our communities and society.
- Maintain a strong understanding of division results & key
business drivers, as well as an understanding of key strategies &
priorities of business, to be able to apply business knowledge to
analytic approach to address business questions.
- Drive measurement and improvement strategies by connecting
business activity to outcomes that will help achieve stated
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of data sets available to
- Extract, merge, cleanse and transform data from multiple
sources as needed for analysis.
- Apply critical thinking to pressure test and validate logic and
outputs against known sources and understanding of business.
Proactively identify data quality issues.Data Requirements:
- Define business and data requirements for analytic
deliverables, and serve as liaison with IS support teams.
- Lead collaboration with IDM for data improvements and
proactively identify data enhancements in conjunction with division
- Understand and apply beginning statistical concepts.
- Provide actionable insights to support business decisions,
primarily by performing root cause, exploratory, sensitivity and
scenario analysis, hypothesis testing, economic modeling and data
visualization to identify patterns/trends/insights etc. on
ambiguous business problems.Storytelling & Communication:
- Independently generate and incorporate insights into a cohesive
story that clearly addresses business questions.
- Effectively create and communicate tailored messages to the
business partners regarding analytic ideas, approach, key takeaways
and actionable insights.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical
- Develop and manage business relationships with project team
members and leaders across the organization.
- Consult with business owners to understand the business
problem. Collaborate with others to identify the appropriate
analytic approach to solve the problem.
- Lead the development and monitoring of KPIs and benchmarks.
Ability to communicate results to senior leaders.
- Serve as a technical and functional data subject matter
- Document, monitor, and proactively recommend improvements to
processes and controls related to areas of responsibility.
- Quantify the impact of process improvement, propose solutions
to relevant parties and drive implementation of solutions with
support from leader.BI Development:
- Interact with BI Tools to answer questions, build low to
moderately complex visualization and reports
- Ability to test and maintain BI products developed and follow
BI governance process and procedures.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree required with an emphasis in business,
economics, math, engineering or analytics preferred (or relevant
- Advanced degree or certification preferred.
Years Work Experience: 3-5 years with at least 2 years of analytic
- Proficiency interacting with various database and file storage
systems (Examples: Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL). Understanding of join
- Experience with data manipulation languages, such as SQL,
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and analytic techniques,
including descriptive statistics, forecasting, economic modeling,
exploratory analysis, and variance analysis required.
- Ability to perform univariate analytic analytial
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, including use of pivot
tables, formulas, macros, vba, charts/graphs.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBi,
- Strong analytical, critical and systems thinking required.
Persons requiring sponsorship for an employment visa are ineligible
for this position
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Jefferson City , Data & BI Analyst II, Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!