Technical Business Analyst - Data Governance
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: June 18, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.US Remote Eligible
A driven business professional with exceptional analytical skills,
critical thinking, systems thinking and interpersonal skills eager
to work in a supportive, collaborative environment.
- Liaison between Information Systems, Business Stakeholders, and
Product Owners to maintain, enhance or integrate firm systems and
data by serving on cross functional project teams in support of
Business Intelligence and Reporting tools for the Firm.
- Identify current and future potential enterprise use cases of
Business Intelligence and Reporting solutions by interfacing with
data & analytics teams as well as business units across the
- Serve as subject matter experts of Business Intelligence and
- Support strategic communications with Product Owners and
- Create, maintain and review business process models, data
flows, prototypes, business requirements, use cases and test
- Execute and present written and verbal business systems impact
analysis resulting in identification of new features, data
integrations, and software recommendations that enable self service
analytics and reporting for the Firm.
- Generate communication, process and educational plans to
mitigate the disruption of change.
- Understanding of cross divisional systems and impacts of
- Follow moderately complex business data analytics and business
intelligence/reporting problems to interpret specific business
requirements in support of designing best fit business
- Write requirements for platform engineers and solution
architects in a manner that reflects a working understanding of the
data and products that will make up the solution.
- Build trust with business areas and ask probing questions to
uncover unknown requirements.
- Bachelor's degree is required, with emphasis in Computer
Science, MIS, Business Analytics or other quantitative area highly
- 3-5 years experience in relevant data and analytics or
information technology fields with background with Tableau,
Microsoft Power BI, and/or Hyperion highly preferred.
- Understanding of Agile with experience with Jira or similar
agile workflow tool.
Ability to conduct exploratory research, understand and interpret
business needs, and translate needs into a solution using a systems
approach to Business Intelligence and Reporting needs.
- Ability to multi-task and work with cross functional senior
leaders to prioritize assigned tasks / projects.
- Proven relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven critical thinking, troubleshooting skills to
investigate, resolve and escalate problems.
- Effective at summarizing complex business cases, technical
information, concepts and effectively communicating with cross
functional senior leaders in both verbal and written format.
- Intermediate understanding of data, business intelligence, and
advanced analytics concepts.
- Self-starter, resourceful, team-oriented, and compassionate
about cooperating in dynamic teams and changing environments is a
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Jefferson City , Technical Business Analyst - Data Governance, Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!