Geographical Construction Manager
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Summary: Meta is seeking an experienced Geographical
Construction Manager to join our Datacenter Engineering &
Construction Team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which
our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon
which our innovative services are delivered. Building, operating
and retrofitting data centers the "right" way is synonymous with
ensuring high uptime, capacity availability and capital
conservation. The Datacenter Engineering and Construction (DEC)
team thinks from chip to chiller (or electrical substation),
determining configurations and ensuring maximum efficiency of our
compute infrastructure, and the DEC Program Delivery team is
committed to continual optimization of the delivery process at each
level. The DEC Delivery organization and its sub teams operate in a
matrix team structure and the Geographical Construction Manager
will have the Geographical responsibility for New and Retrofit
Construction project success (to include all data cabling
infrastructure), GC and trade partner geographical interfaces, team
member development and relationship management with key cross
functional operational partners (Facilities Operations, Edge
Network Services and Facilities Engineering to name a few) of
campuses within a Geography in a culture of collaboration, safety
and quality unparalleled in the datacenter construction industry.
The Geographical Construction Manager is responsible for $1 Million
- $5 Billion project sizes managing a team of up to 6 direct
reports, and 70 recursive reports, and leading a team of matrixed
Safety, QAQC and Project Controls (Cost + Schedule) professionals
within a Geography toward predictable outcomes.Required Skills:
Geographical Construction Manager Responsibilities:
- Report to Meta Area Delivery Manager, ensure proactive risk
mitigation and accountability for all new build, retrofit and cable
infrastructure projects at datacenter campuses within a Geography
as defined by predictability in: Safety, Quality, Schedule,
- Within broad organizational focus areas, set the strategic
vision for site teams within a Geography and interface with a wide
variety of internal and external teams to achieve cross-program
- Ownership and accountability for Meta, Infra Data Centers and
DEC values and ONETEAM culture of aligned partnership, teamwork and
growth in a Geography.
- Maintain consistent visibility across multiple teams and
provide input on important initiatives that help the larger
organization evolve to achieve its vision statement.
- Coordinate multiple stakeholder requirements involved in the
early turn over of phases within the program schedule.
- Ensure a productive and mutually beneficial owner/vendor
relationship with the strategic vendors (General Contractors,
Cabling Partners, Consultants, Trade Partners).
- Set and maintain clear expectations for the partnership and how
we will work together.
- Manage, develop and recruit for (as needed) a core team of 5-11
full time staff per campus, supporting the delivery program.
Contingent workforce staff planning and hiring is also a
responsibility of this role.
- As a manager/leader, provide proactive feedback and performance
management to ensure a high functioning team.
- Partner broadly with vendor partners critical to the programs
success to influence their strategy and execution in supporting
ICMs mission. Provide structured feedback on their performance and
partner to improve and optimize as needed.
- Negotiate construction contracts and change orders directly
with the contractors and vendors.
- Proactively monitor project delivery updates, adherence to KPIs
and financial status.
- Role model/foster and encourage a high-performing,
safety-focused culture across all teams, internal/external,
involved in the program.
- Build trusted business relationships with all cross-functional
teams to ensure positive and collaborative working
- Build robust communication channels and cultivate relationships
to influence the strategy of partner organizations.Minimum
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience in Primavera P6, MS Project, Word, Excel, and
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering,
Quantity Surveying or equivalent technical degree and/or 18+ years
of experience in project planning and construction management.
- Experience with the design and deployment of technical
electrical and mechanical systems.
- Experience managing and developing direct employees,
contractors, subcontractor and vendor relationships as well as
experience working with standard practices in the design and
- Experience working with local, state, domestic and
international construction build codes and health & safety
- Experience with greenfield site development, ground-up and
retrofit construction projects.
- Experience with a variety of construction contract delivery
methods commonly used in the US and/or EMEA.Preferred
Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in matrixed organization structures
- Familiarity with retrofit projects in live data center or other
mission critical buildings, including development of Methods of
- Experience in building and cultivating high performance
- Overall understanding of building systems including mechanical,
electrical, data cabling, building management system, and fire
protection in a datacenter environment
- Familiarity of network connectivity architecture and
- Datacenter development and construction experience
- Knowledge of Critical Path Method scheduling methodologies
- Procore software experiencePublic Compensation: $170,000/year
to $228,000/year + bonus + equity + benefitsIndustry: InternetEqual
Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants
with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state
and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting
process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a
disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Meta, Jefferson City , Geographical Construction Manager, Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!