Specialized Trades Worker-Lock Smith (CBM)
Company: State of Missouri
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Position(s): Specialized Trades Worker (Lock Smith) 1 st
Shift-Days off-S/S Salary Range: $1,737.57 (Semi-Monthly) This is
skilled locksmith work involving the alteration, repair,
maintenance, and/or replacement of locks, locking devices, doors,
door closures, and associated structures. JOB DUTIES
- Opens and repairs locks using hand tools and special equipment;
checks for proper operation of locking devices.
- Disassembles padlocks, safe locks, and door locks; repairs or
replaces worn pins, springs, and other parts.
- Adjusts pin length and inserts new or repaired pins into locks
to change combination.
- Fabricates new or duplicate keys using key cutting
- Maintains and repairs a variety of mechanical and electrical
locks, door closures, and associated structures.
- Installs locks and strike plates.
- Prepares and maintains a file of installed locks and a list of
doors that are keyed together or separately.
- Prepares and maintains a list of personnel assigned keys to
- Maintains equipment and supply inventory.
- Of related Exercises independence and initiative in the
performance of responsibilities; receives general administrative
- Performs other related work as assigned. KEY SKILLS
Comprehensive knowledge of standard practices, methods, tools, and
equipment of the locksmith trade. Comprehensive knowledge of lock
construction and the principles of key and combination lock
operation. Intermediate knowledge of practices and procedures of
mechanical, carpentry, and electrical trades. Skill in the use of
the tools and equipment of the locksmith trade. Ability to
communicate effectively and follow instructions. Ability to
establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
This is senior-level office support work requiring independent work
decisions for complex clerical functions or processes, involving
familiarity of specialized terminology and/or software.
QUALIFICATIONS Four to six years of related experience in the
trade. If you have questions about this position please contact:
Human Resources . The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity
employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees.
Keywords: State of Missouri, Jefferson City , Specialized Trades Worker-Lock Smith (CBM), Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...