Class A Driver
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Class A Delivery DriverScholastic is looking for Class A drivers
for Lift Gate deliveries and pickups of books and supplies to
schools, that help children become lifelong learners. Scholastic
Drivers return home the same day (some overnight trips) and will
travel in the city, suburbs, and rural areas. The pickup and
delivery require the loading and unloading of company trucks at
both the Branch and School, utilizing all safety procedures during
this process. Our drivers obtain their daily manifests and inspect
their trucks and equipment prior to leaving the Branch.
*Perks include - Competitive Pay, 13+ Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation,
Paid Sick Leave, 401k, Onsite Clinic, Tuition Reimbursement,
Company Bookstore, and much more*.*Drivers home most nights and
every weekend, hotel and meal stipend on overnight trips.* Monday -
Friday schedule.* Safety Bonus* Early Morning Start
All drivers will be given proper equipment including uniforms and
shoes and must maintain a professional appearance. Scholastic
Drivers adhere to all Company, local, state, and federal
rules/regulations inclusive of, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, etc.
Scholastic takes pride in being a drug and alcohol-free
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- Ability to travel overnight 1-2 days per week.
- Verifiable commercial driving experience of at least one (1)
year is required.
- Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess a valid Class A CDL license with air brake
- Preferred experience driving pup trailers.
- Must pass a drug screen/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record
review, criminal background review, and a DOT physical examination
indicating physical essential functions of the job can be performed
- Must be able to drive a vehicle weighing up to 80,000
- Preferred experience handling Pup trailers
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. and push, pull, lift, and
handle metal/plastic cases weighing more than 350 lbs. on a regular
and repetitive basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Customer service orientated.
- Must be able to read road maps and follow directions.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills,
and ability to read.
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Scholastic, Jefferson City , Class A Driver, Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!