Pharmacy Technician - IV Admix - Chemo Tech
Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital --- Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: May 14, 2019
Role Purpose: Under direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist,
performs a variety of nonjudgmental pharmaceutical duties related
to the packaging, dispensing, stocking, order filing, delivery, and
recording of chemicals, pharmaceutical and related supplies.--
Prepares IV Admixtures and Chemotherapy.
- Fills Medication: 1. Fills medications with correct amount and
drug.-- Makes appropriate recommendation to pharmacist for
duplicate or conflicting entries. 2. Obtains above average
productivity without compromising accuracy.
- Follows the procedures relating to the compounding, packaging,
and labeling of drugs. 1. Completes unit-dose log book and utilizes
computer system to run labels.-- 2.-- Selects correct drug and
follows departmental policies for unit-dosing bulk medication.
- Runs and fills floorstock. (charges and replaces,
non-chargeable, and pxysis). Files reports appropriately.
- On a monthly basis, completes medication inspection in areas
assigned within the hospital. Reviews inspections with pharmacist
supervisor over that area.
- Routinely processes, updates, and checks:-- OB Carts, Epidural
Trays and Anesthesia Carts.
- Calculates correct dosages and volumes.
- Prepares IV---s in timely manner.
- Cleans hood routinely and documents on log.-- Responsible for
overall cleanliness of IV Room.
- Restocks IV room at end of each shift.
- Obtains above average productivity without compromising
- If certified in chemotherapy, follows all procedures governing
preparation, delivery, and disposal.-- If not certified, assures
someone who is certified prepares chemotherapy in a timely manner.
- Current Missouri State Pharmacy Technician License required or
application for licensure presented.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- Interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with
patients, physicians, and staff over the telephone and in person.
Tact and diplomacy required. Ability to work under emotional and
physical stress. Must be able to follow proper procedures to reduce
level of exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals. Must have
working knowledge of calculations, routes of administration and
dosage forms. Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred. -- --
Physical Requirements: Employees in this position are, or can be,
required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 25 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 8--hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than
8--hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation. -- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital --- Jefferson City ---
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed,
full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state
capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in
November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient
pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center.
Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services,
cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical
services, maternity care and women's health.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital --- Jefferson City, Jefferson City , Pharmacy Technician - IV Admix - Chemo Tech, Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!