Patient Care Technician - PCU
Company: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: September 8, 2019
Role Purpose:?The Patient Care Technician is responsible for
provision of patient care activities and related non-clinical
activities necessary for care of patients and maintenance of
nursing units. These duties are performed under the direction of a
Registered Nurse or Physician. Duties would include, but not be
limited to, personal care, venipuncture, and fingersticks in order
to obtain lab specimens.?Responsibilities:
- Take Vital Signs and do fingersticks on patients and report
abnormal findings to RN.???
- Observe for verbal or non-verbal complaints of pain and report
abnormal findings to RN.???
- Observes for skin irritation and breakdown and report abnormal
findings to RN.???
- Observes for changes in mental status: notes changes in
alertness, orientation and mood and reports abnormal findings to
- Observes for changes in strength and coordination in patient
and reports abnormal findings to RN.?????
- Provides personal hygiene for patient by assisting or
completing bathing, oral care, linen changes, shaving and hair
- Follows directions for patient activities including turning,
chair and ambulation.???
- Provides dietary assistance to patients by passes trays and
snacks in a timely manner. Feeds or assists patient with
meals/snacks as needed.???
- Provides for orderly patient areas. Clean and tidy rooms,
remove extra equipment, linens, keeps over bed tray clean and clear
of excessive items.Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Current Missouri CNA license or have completed Fundamentals of
Nursing or EMT
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider
certification/card or must obtain within 3 months of hirePreferred
- Previous experience in direct patient care or relevant
education; background in medical field which can be appliedPhysical
Requirements:?Employees in this position are, or can be, required
to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 9 hours a day.
- Running to respond to patient emergencies.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital ? Jefferson City
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City is a 167-bed,
full-service community hospital located in Missouri's state
capital. The hospital moved to a new, state-of-the-art building in
November 2014. The hospital features a dedicated inpatient
pediatric unit, a Wound Center and Outpatient Treatment Center.
Other services offered at the hospital include emergency services,
cardiology, orthopedic care, cancer care, outpatient surgical
services, maternity care and women's health.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Jefferson City, Jefferson City , Patient Care Technician - PCU, Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!