Company: Ameren Services Company
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: September 13, 2019
About The Position
The GIS Technician is primarily responsible for creating, updating,
and maintaining system models, maps, drawings, and facility
information using GIS (Geospatial Information System) software
(currently G-Technology) to ensure related systems are up-to-date
and reliable within the geographic areas of responsibility. The GIS
Technician contributes to the development/improvement of the Ameren
GIS strategy, and provides assistance to implement the strategy
within Ameren Missouri.
Key responsibilities include:
* Create and maintain overhead and underground maps and system
* Review and interpret field plats, operating notes, electronic
files, data and/or other construction reporting methods.
* Verify, prepare, and maintain system facility/asset information,
including the development and maintenance of system records.
* Participate in projects that develop and improve the Ameren GIS
* Participate in projects to develop and improve the Ameren GIS
system model and related applications.
* Using GIS Software, post as-built changes required due to
construction projects, Maintain and update landbase (e.g.,
subdivisions, municipal annexations, roads, etc) and Coordinate
resolution of error reports including TLM, OAS and ADMS.
* Using GIS Software, perform switching operations related to
system changes, including when directed by the Distribution Control
* Obtain necessary field information and measurements when required
to resolve discrepancies in maps and drawings.
* Track mapping work though the life-cycle of a project and monitor
progress, including interpreting and posting as-built changes after
construction activities are complete.
* Check finished mapping and detailed drawings for quality,
accuracy, and adherence to standards.
* Create, maintain, and prepare special maps, drawings, or reports
* Provide maps and specialized drawings for division and internal
customers as required for design and maintenance such as feeder and
street lighting maps, real estate exhibits, and for periodic
quality assurance and reliability inspections.
* Maintain and update information in Transformer Load Management
* Assist in the development of procedures, processes, and methods
for system record maintenance.
* Assist with special assignments such as change management,
Continuous Improvement, software upgrades/enhancement projects,
mapping & design related tools (i.e. tagging & numbering programs),
* Assist with training of co-workers, as required, to perform the
duties performed by the work group.
* Provide a main point of contact for mapping and facility
information with other Company departments and outside
* Maintain the security of confidential and sensitive information
obtained in connection with Company business.
* Facilitate efficient utilization of GIS and other mapping
products by co-workers.
* Subject to emergency call-out, including damage
assessment/inspection during emergency storm restoration events
with the potential for considerable walking over rough terrain in
all weather conditions.
Associates Degree from an accredited college or university in a
technical field is required, preferably in Computer-Aided Design or
Engineering Technology. Bachelor s Degree from an accredited
college or university preferred. Proficiency with GIS,
Microstation, Auto CAD, or other CAD-related software preferred.
One or more years of experience in designing, analyzing, or
interpreting construction drawings preferred. Experience in utility
design, construction, or supervision including distribution line,
surveying, and estimating with knowledge of utility standards,
procedures, and distribution systems preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate
Good decision-making, communication, and human relations skills.
Possess and maintain a valid driver s license. Provide, properly
insure, and operate personal vehicle for Company business.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products preferred. Project
Management skills requiring guidance/direction from leadership or
experienced peers. Ability to work within project time frames;
resources allocation; organization/prioritization. Displays
positive attitude and focuses on teamwork and cooperation.
Ameren s selection process includes a series of interviews and may
include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be
provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Ameren Services Company, Jefferson City , GIS Technician, Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!