Property Risk Consultant
Location: Jefferson City
Posted on: November 5, 2019
Job Family US-MO-Virtual
Aon is looking for a Property Risk Consultant
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Property
Risk Control Consultant. This position will support Aon s Property
Risk Consulting group.
The successful candidate can expect to work with colleagues and
clients to develop an understanding of the many property risks
posed by fire, earthquake, flood, and other Natural Catastrophes.
They will assist in making recommendations to the clients which
will reduce the Total Cost of Risk (TCOR) of the client s property
This is an Mid to Senior level position on the project
* Perform property risk control/underwriting surveys for various
clients in diverse industries.
* Witness hydrant and fire pump flow tests, sketch sprinkler
systems, and carry out hydraulic calculations.
* Survey client facilities for fire, smoke, and other property loss
potential. Develop loss expectancies for recommendations and MFL,
PML & NLE.
* Consult with clients on ways to control hazards in order to
reduce or prevent losses. Influence clients to implement
* Provide technical support and guidance to global manufacturing
plants, warehouses, R&D centers and offices in the areas of
fire protection, fire alarm, code consulting, and general loss
* General fire protection consulting visits to various client
* Problem solving using the application of Client Standards, NFPA,
FM Global or other best practices to resolve technical fire
* Perform reviews of architectural and engineering plans for client
facilities (either new construction, expansion or renovation
projects) for fire sprinkler systems, water supply, and fire alarm
systems and provide review comments.
* Attend facility design and construction meetings to provide input
and review with respect to fire loss prevention and fire
* Develop cost effective strategies to resolve recommendations for
fire loss prevention purposes.
* Investigate fire losses and prepare written reports and/or
presentations documenting findings.
* Contribute to the annual insurance renewal.
* Provide cost effective solutions or alternatives to provide a
suitable level of protection for a building or process.
* Support construction and new manufacturing projects to ensure
necessary fire protection standards are met.
* 5 years minimum experience in a consulting role with an HPR
Property Insurance Company
* Experience in manufacturing occupancies and associated
* Technically proficient in understanding, interpreting, and
applying NFPA and/or FM Global standards; and, evaluating fire
protection systems (automatic sprinklers, special extinguishing
* Ideal candidate is self-sufficient, organized, and has good
written and oral communication skills
* Must be physical fit and able to climb ladders and stairs and
transition to and from ladders or stairs in order to access
building roof areas and upper or lower floors within a customer
site during surveys.
* Past experience with, and ability to assess high hazard
occupancies (flammable liquids, combustible dusts, etc.)
* Travel more than 50 miles from the office is expected 50% of the
* Ability to work from home
* B.S. Engineering or minimum 5 years of Highly Protected Risk
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees
and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner
status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an
affirmative action employer.
Keywords: Aon, Jefferson City , Property Risk Consultant, Professions , Jefferson City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!